Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommendations - Movement Trust v Whitedot Preachers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for a all mountainish charger ski for the majority of my skiing next season in the alps. Its the ski I'll use for chopped up crud etc. Not virgin powder, 2-3 days after a dump when everywhere is skied out.

I'm 100kg and 6ft2" - so looking for a stiffish ski. No need for twin tips.

I really like whitedot skis but I can get a discount on Movement skis. There are lots of reviews on here but really hoping to get some feedback from anybody who had skied both these skis.

I also like the look of the Rangers, anybody had a chance to ski a prototype that wasn't carbonlite?

Cheers in advance.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Buddy1664, I have skied the Preachers for two seasons and can't fault them. They are not really stiff but I'm similar stats to you and find them fine. I've not skied the Movements. If you are doing a season you might want a second pair for normal conditions. For me the only downside of "big" skis is the weight when lugging them around.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Definately the new WD Rangers (the 195cm for your stats) for those conditions, or any condition really. Had a beta testing pair of CarbonLites in my workshop a few weeks ago for fettling prior to going to the Verbier FWT event & they're superb. Can't comment about the Trust's but the specs look similar & Movements are as well made as the Whitedots. I've just finished loading up the 13/14 Whitedot info on my site for which I'm doing great pre-order deals wink. Also check-out PM Gear's 187 Bro's which also match your requirements.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
spyderjon - thanks and yes the Bros look very cool. But....... just found out I could get the movements for trade...ish, so my mind is made up. I'll be sending you them and Redeemers, to mount a set of Vist bindings and quiverkillers in both though! Any ideas if the vist holes will match the Salomon/Atomic AT bindings? Puzzled

jbob - I've got a 3 year old Atomic Blackeye Tis for a pair of run arounds but I think I'll be on the Trusts most of the time.......... fingers crossed for a season like the last!!!

Thanks for all the feedback guys.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Buddy1664, email me your BSL & whether you're on the small or large size AT binding & I'll check the hole locations when I'm back in the shop tomorrow.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've skied both and own one pair. I'd say they are different kinds of ski, unless there are plans to rocker the nose of the Preacher. Preacher kinda traditional but with a big nose and quite a tight sidecut. I've got some heft but I've heard lighter skiers say they definitely are tough skis to be lazy on.

Only tried the Trust indoors but guess I found it more playful, again big nose is noticeable but rocker makes it ski shorter and be a bit more chiuckable. If you ski properly I'd go toward Preacher, if you like to play around Trust. Neither would be a bad decision but there might be better one for you
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Buddy1664, Hi Like my friend spyder jon also uploading the new ranges as well, I have skied both quite a bit over the last few seasons, the Trust is very different and sorry to say have to disagree with fatbob, (sorry !!) if you want to play around more then the Preacher is better than the Trust, if you want a harder charging ski then the Trust is the way to go, give me a shout anytime if you want to talk over Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for all the advice guys but went with a pair of PM Gears from spyderjon. He reeled me in big style.

PM Gear's 187 Bro's look an amazing set of skis, can't wait to get them on the snow.

My season quiver is:

Atomic Blackeye Tis - 181
PM Gear's 187 Bro's
Whitedot Redeemers Standard -190
Quiverkillers for both PMGs and WDs - Marker Barons with split skins

Thanks again guys
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
livetoski, I defer to a guy who has probably done more skiing of them back to back. I stand by my view that the Preacher is a skier's ski rather than a skid and skurf monkeying around ski though (neither being a bad thing).
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Buddy1664,
Quote:

PM Gear's 187 Bro's look an amazing set of skis, can't wait to get them on the snow.

agree good choice and spyderjon, is great a reeling people in Laughing Laughing

I must try and borrow a pair from Jon to see what all the fuss is about, they do feel super when I have fondled them Shocked
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy