Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any ski shops in Sheffield open?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

just bought some bindings and need to get them fitted but it seems Sheffield has given up on ski shops since the ski village burnt down.

The only shop I can find is BigDicks and they're shut till the end of September so it looks like Im going to have to go all the way to castleford during working hours to get them fitted at one of the shops at Xscape which is quite awkward, especially the state my cars in at the moment.

Does anyone no any shops still around that are open in the summer?

Not holding out much hope as Google usually knows these things
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is Barnsley any good ?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah thats close enough for me.

Whats the place called?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ahha just seen the link, Thanks
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not ideal for now though.
Quote:

CLOSING FOR SUMMER Please note we close for the summer on Saturday 16th March at 1.00pm. Any ski/snowboard servicing needed for that date must be left with us on/before Wednesday 13th March, whilst bootfitting appointments must be arranged in advance. The online store will continue to operate as normal until we reopen on Monday 14th October. All at Bennetts would like to thank our loyal skiers and 'boarders for their continued support and look forward to welcoming customer's old and new next season!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
medlington, Crossley Tordoff in Pontefract is ever so slightly closer than Cas Vegas.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://www.dicksboardstore.co.uk//index.php - dodgy name, S6 postcode - no knowledge if is is any good but it has a workshop.
Also http://www.sportabilityuk.co.uk/ in dronfield
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
medlington, Spyderjon on here, north east of Nottingham
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Spyderjon, Aka the Piste Office for ease of finding. http://www.jonsskituning.co.uk/
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There's ski and sport in Dronfield. They used to be near to Climax fishing tackle but have now moved to Quoit Green, which is just off Lea Road, which is the road with the police station on.
See http://www.sportabilityuk.co.uk/
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
simonpa wrote:
... Climax fishing tackle...

And I thought that Darwin Airlines was an unfortunate name for a business Shocked
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
beequin wrote:
http://www.dicksboardstore.co.uk//index.php - dodgy name, S6 postcode - no knowledge if is is any good but it has a workshop.

I've not used them loads but always been happy on the occasions I have. I think they're closed for the summer now though.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
beequin, Oi, you watch what you say about S6 postcodes, it's a lovely area. We'll just ignore the fact that next door is an ex cannabis factory, that there is a hydroponics shop opposite and that if you had to guess what the business next to it did for money you would say money laundering.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
altis wrote:
simonpa wrote:

And I thought that Darwin Airlines was an unfortunate name for a business Shocked

Formerly known as Climax Nightclub - where everyone from school when when we were 15.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
BigDicks did a decent repair job on my skis and for below the going rate. I wouldn't want to buy an any boots there though, the assistant who tried fitting my friend with boots thought that the number after the decimal point in the mondo system referred to boot width rather than length (he didn't buy).
ski holidays
Some dodgy sounding shops on here...! wink
ski holidays
DaddyLouLou wrote:
altis wrote:
simonpa wrote:

Formerly known as Climax Nightclub - where everyone from school when when we were 15.

Actually known as Climax 2000 when first opened, which must have been around the late 80's. Was good at the time anyway.
snow conditions
rambotion wrote:
I wouldn't want to buy an any boots there though, the assistant who tried fitting my friend with boots thought that the number after the decimal point in the mondo system referred to boot width rather than length (he didn't buy).
But he's right, though, isn't he? A (e.g.) 26.5 and a 26 ARE the same boot sole length in the vast majority of boots because they're the same shell. The 26.5 has a thinner liner though which effectively creates more internal width and the notional half size increase.
ski holidays
Cheers for the info guys.

Thats a shame the one in Barnsleys shut too however Im in Dronfield every few weeks so will check that place out, I actually went a few months ago and thought it had shut down by now but sounds like they've just moved.

BigDicks is definitely shut as Ive already asked them.

Afraid Ill have to join the slagging of S6 though. home of the worst football club in History Wink
snow conditions
medlington, Have you tried contacting Bennetts ?
latest report
What about Decathlon ? I know they did servicing.
Also across the border, Keegan Sports *sell* skis so may be worth a call. (You can watch Championship football round the corner from them too wink)
snow report
medlington wrote:
Afraid Ill have to join the slagging of S6 though. home of the worst football club in History Wink

Absolutely spot on!
ski holidays
Thanks again,

Decathlon shut till September too and still not heard back from Dronfield. My girlfriend has a lesson booked at Xscape soon so might as well go up then and get them to fit them, just do an hours boarding while I wait I guess
ski holidays
DaddyLouLou wrote:
medlington wrote:

Absolutely spot on!

Glad to see we all agree here with this, and so especially pleased to be of some help.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy