Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lindsey Vonn's Association with East German Doping Program Doctor

Poster: A snowHead
This has been in the news since yesterday. Lindsey Vonn has been training a couple of times a year at an Austrian training center sponsored by Red Bull. The person who runs the center is Dr. Bernt Pansold, who was heavily involved in the former East German athlete doping program. While Vonn has never tested positive for performance enhancing drugs, her association with Dr. Pansold does raise some suspicion. The New York Daily News has been printing the results of its investigation of Dr. Pansold.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-team/red-flag-lindsey-vonn-red-bull-east-german-drug-doctor-article-1.1349830
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This is the third thread about it.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So where are the other two threads? Maybe the moderators can merge them all together.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's also been picked up by the Daily Fail.

It only says that she has met him a couple of times each season although the implication as to why you would want to see a performance Doctor with such a background is strongly hinted at.

Personally, and I am happy to be corrected here, I can't see the benefit that performance enhancing drugs would give a ski racer. Isn't 95% of it technique and mental input?

I can see how they improve cycling. Having cycled up the hill to Val Thorens just a tiny difference to max v02 or endurance would have a big impact. Not sure additional strength or endurance would give a gain that might be worth the risk in ski racing.

Just going to that Doc doesn't look good though.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

So where are the other two threads?

Both in "the Piste", which tbf seems the wrong place.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=100463
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=100464
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Personally, and I am happy to be corrected here, I can't see the benefit that performance enhancing drugs would give a ski racer. Isn't 95% of it technique and mental input?

Anything that will boost performance in the areas of strength and anaerobic endurance would give an athlete the edge. Ski racing is really not just about technique and mental approach. The current world cup athletes (and those down to a much lower level) are immensely fit and strong. Performance enhancing drugs could be used to help with this side of things.

Hans Knauss tested positive for the anabolic steroid, Nandrolone - http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/news/story?id=1965196
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
emwmarine wrote:
Isn't 95% of it technique and mental input?

There's no single top level sport, where hard work wouldn't play biggest role. Ok alpine skiing comes closest of all to this, since these guys mostly have no idea what hard work really is, but still Wink But then again, I agree with their current conditions doping wouldn't help, except as placebo, since there's more then enough space to improve their condition without doping. Most of time you have doping to be able to train more then you already do. But you need this once you are on limit, where training more is just not possible anymore without some extra stuff.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
primoz wrote:
emwmarine wrote:
Isn't 95% of it technique and mental input?

There's no single top level sport, where hard work wouldn't play biggest role. Ok alpine skiing comes closest of all to this, since these guys mostly have no idea what hard work really is, but still Wink But then again, I agree with their current conditions doping wouldn't help, except as placebo, since there's more then enough space to improve their condition without doping. Most of time you have doping to be able to train more then you already do. But you need this once you are on limit, where training more is just not possible anymore without some extra stuff.

you obviously have no medical background if thats what you believe!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
iskar, absolutely true. I have no official medical education. But problem is, that I know few of guys that rank pretty high in this doping chain (not as users Wink) and none of them has any medical education Wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
[quote="Philbo"]
Quote:

Hans Knauss tested positive for the anabolic steroid, Nandrolone - http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/news/story?id=1965196

It is worth repeating here that Hans later cleared his name, by proving that he had purchased a tainted nutritional supplement.
Even FIS conceded that the offence was unintentional.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more-sports/austrian-skier-wins-settlement-drug-company-article-1.332229
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Martin Bell,

Am I right in thinking that he didn't race after this though? There have been at least a couple of cases where athletes have tested positive but were later proven not to be intentional doping or were just because of substances not normally found in the otc items they had taken.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Has anyone seen the latest article from the Boston Blickbild? They also did a story about the Red Bull training center. I knew there was something about Red Bull that seemed too good to be true. No wonder she drinks so much of it at races. http://bostonblickbild.blogspot.de/2013/05/lindsey-vonns-red-bull-doping-doctor.html
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
dudleyf, Do you actually believe some of that nonsense?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dudleyf wrote:
Has anyone seen the latest article from the Boston Blickbild? They also did a story about the Red Bull training center. I knew there was something about Red Bull that seemed too good to be true. No wonder she drinks so much of it at races. http://bostonblickbild.blogspot.de/2013/05/lindsey-vonns-red-bull-doping-doctor.html

Are you drunk, or did you really believe that?

Quote:
Have any of the trainers tried the special Red Bull?
Jan: One of the female trainers did because we ran out of Red Bull in the employee refrigerator. After finishing the can, she was able to lift twice her body weight with one hand. I can only imagine how strong she would have been if she only drank the athletes' Red Bull.

Red Bull must be taking tips from Pop-eye!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ironsidexx, clarky999, Do you not understand irony these days? Shocked

I find the Blickbild hilarious! Of course no-one takes it seriously. But it does take the piss out of some over-inflated egos in a quite amusing way. Read the witch doctor stories, or the report about all the athletes agreeing to give Ms Vonn all their medals from the Worlds! Laughing Laughing wink
snow report
Samerberg Sue, I've never heard of it!
ski holidays
Samerburg Sue, don't forget the stories with the Mafia hit man and the new rule changes. Very Happy Laughing
latest report
ironsidexx, follow the link given above - you'll enjoy the irony then look at some of the other reports. It is basically a blog and a bloody funny one at that as opposed to many of the stuffier ones I've read.
snow report
Philbo, more details here:
http://www.skiracing.com/?q=node/6882
He was given a 2 year ban which was reduced to 18 months.
Hans was undoubtedly nearing the end of his career in any case at that point.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy