Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Christmas 2013

Poster: A snowHead
would love to go skiing on the christmas week as ive actually got that week off this year (which will not happen again for a long long time). anyone intrested in making up a group. I warn you tho im a beginner skier.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm looking at going Xmas week too. Would be good to get a group together.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I like to get away then. It's usually quiet on the slopes. It's better than sitting in surrounded by satsuma peel because all the shops are shut.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
That's excellent. I'm open to suggestions of a destination I haven't got anywhere in mind so where would you fancy going? My name is Callum by the way
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So long as it has snow and a gradient...

I'm inclined towards western europe. Prefer chalets. Obviously needs a decent selection of greens and blues.

Good access to slopes.

Easy travel there and back, don't like long transfers or early flights, or flights come to think of it.

Price and availability come into it.

Let's ponder.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
So by Western Europe do you mean like France,Switzerland ,Austria, etc would Italy be too far?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I haven't been to Italy for while. Nice folk, different style. Possibly browse the boards to see what's nice there.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So where did you go in Italy? And what do you look for in a ski resort to you prefer a quieter more relaxed nightlift or something more lively?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just to start the discussion off

http://m.onthesnow.co.uk/news/a/580656
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Italy:

Sauze d'Oulx, Selva, Foppolo, Passo Aprica, Sella Nevea, some other place I forget.

All but the first two are probably too small.

Prefer quieter and more relaxed. Crowds of drunks raging past a 3 a.m is not my kind of resort, that rules out the main town in Sauze. The rest of the via Latte might be okay.

From the article.

Megeve, a little low. I'd check the snow records for Christmas week. A nice area, I've stayed at St. Gerviase, which is nearby.

Zell am See, I've never been there.

Norway, different. Possibly a bit pricey since they left the EU.

Samnaun. Piste access looks long, limited beginner and intermediate terrain. Austria doesn't grade runs as green.

Seefeld. Short transfer, can't find ski info t the moment.

Kitzbuehel. Hmmm... maybe a bit too classic.

Lapland. No, I like some daylight.

Les Gets. Low, links to the rest of Portes du Soleil are through Morzine.

Les Arcs, usually good snow, plenty of runs, possible

I wouldn't rule out any other place though.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Is there anywhere at all that you would have in mind?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I like Lauterbrunnen. There's a nice Ski Miquel chalet hotel there. Train ride up the mountain
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The pictures I just looked at certainly are beautiful!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
That hotel looks great too
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It is nice. I've not been for a while, but it was well furnished, well run and comfortable.
snow conditions
Sorry to butt in on an ongoing discussion, but you might consider extending your group by joining an existing solo ski group holiday. Have a look in Google for solo ski holidays or something similar. It might mean that you can't be as selective with your resort, but it will bring you into contact with a cool group of like-minded people at a great time of year for making new friends. Just a thought.
ski holidays
no need to be sorry all information gratefully recieved Little Angel
latest report
http://www.pistepals.com/Singles_Christmas_Holidays just came across this
latest report
I found Portes de Soleil a bit low lying for Xmas. Rain on the lower slopes, most of the slopes at Morzine and Les seemed to be 'lower'.
ski holidays
thirty06 wrote:
I found Portes de Soleil a bit low lying for Xmas. Rain on the lower slopes, most of the slopes at Morzine and Les seemed to be 'lower'.

As i've said before, the PDS isn't just Morz and LG... PDS is something like 12 resorts!!
snow conditions
Hi I've just joined forum today. I'm looking to go boarding at Christmas too. I've had a look at pistepals. Seems to be best option that I've found so far but I've never been boarding in France before so no clue as to what it's like.
snow report
Have a look at UCPA - Action-Outdoors will have their prices out monday.
latest report
Yes, Action-Outdoors would be a good option - though not if you want a room to yourself. High quality, low-cost, all-in holidays with top class tuition if you want it and always someone around to join up with. (If going solo I would definitely suggest joining one of the tuition groups, which go from beginner up to pretty high level, including guided off piste if that is your thing).
snow conditions
thirty06, From your list of resorts above, I can recommend Claviere in the Via Latte area, it's where I went skiing for the very first time 5 years ago. A nice quiet resort with plenty of beginner terrain. Also, I've been to Zell am See in Austria, which is a nice place to stay and with Kaprun for glacier skiing just down the road, providing easier beginner terrain than Zell am See itself. I've skied at Les Arcs as well, which also has plenty of good terrain for all beginner to intermediate abilities.
snow report
Quote:

Possibly a bit pricey since they left the EU

did they ever join?
ski holidays
pam_w, No apparently not. They appled to join the EEC, then only joined the EEA, then left that and signed up to EFTA. Whatever they did there was something on the news a few years ago where they had a big referendum against EU membership and then slapped swinging import taxes on everything.

Anyway, lovely people.

Still, about this skiing thing.

Or boarding. Ruthy81, I'm not sure what Morzine is like as a base for boarders. the nearby bits are maybe a bit low and sort of long and pisty to my eye.

Scubadancer, yes Les Arcs has plenty of terrain. There would just be the question of accomodation.
snow report
Singlesport are going to Deux Alpes this Christmas. There is a glacier there so you would be safe booking early no matter how much early snow there may be. We also know an excellent English speaking ski school there to get you started. Our trip includes free lift pass, ski hire, boot hire, transfers, drinks, pool, spa so is very good value. We can find you someone to share with to avoid the dreaded single supp. Hope you will join us

Best wishes Ruth
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy