Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Car Parking Lech/Zurs/ Stubenbach/Zug

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So have booked a potentially brilliant independent 2 week road trip next March...... week 1 Warth (now linked next season by new Auenfeldjet lift so endless off piste opportunities), warm up for week 2 St Anton/ Sonnenkopf. Have never done Lech/ Zurs like it needs, dipped in and out, now Warth/ Schroecken opening up gives s the potential to max the area at very sensible b&b cost (accommodation/ food is mega bucks in Lech/ Zurs).

We're seriously considering dumping the car in Lech week 1 and skiing into Warth b&b with largish rucksack, leaving quiver in the car roof box and nipping back for ABS etc, means that we don't have to drive long way round on mid Saturday and get effectively another days skiing, BUT car parking in Lech is notoriously pricy (16€ per day x 8 days).......SO does anyone know anyone locally who may be able to offer tame parking in exchange for a few beers or nominal fee?! All I want is to dump the car and know its safe but be able to return pretty regularly to maybe exchange our skis etc, but not have the luxury (and cost of underground) posh parking.

Tempted to just go for it anyway....... £100 for an extra days' Saturday skiing and the saving on fuel via Dornbirn/ Bregenzer Alps or Lechtaler Alps/ Garmisch and Fernpass is a bonus, but still a big cost if someone on here knows a good buddy who has a drive or similar to rent out?

I've been in touch with tourist info last week whilst out there, and it's very doable, just trying to save a few quid, and put it to someone who might want to rent their drive out, rather than going conventional route!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is possibly a Plan B: find a cheaper place in Stuben. Easy link to/from Lech via blue bus. Just a thought.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hmm. Interesting. Not sure I'd be bothered with all that faff. There's plenty of time after the lifts close to get around to the Arlberg isn't there, it can't be more than a couple of hours (can it)? Wouldn't it be useful to have a car in Warth anyway, in case you wanted to look at some other areas (not sure how well linked they are over there?).

Also bear in mind that one way or another you'll be cutting in to ski time to ferry your gear there and back.

Good call on Warth though, I'll be doing that this season for the same reasons as you:-)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Markymark29, did you manage to get to Warth in the summer for a recce?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DT68, yeah, it's spot on, really looking forward to it, looks awesome and great thing is its so easy to get to Lech/ Zurs so will be doing more there than just the Weisse Ring, plenty time to ski lots of new off piste runs. Very excited, town has some great hotels and good après options too for that 5pm beer or 3!! PM me if you want accom options, researched it plenty so know the places pretty well I reckon.

sah, we'll be there 8-15.03.14 then round to St Anton and Angelika......we WILL get those turns in maybe next season. Decided we'll take car round and maybe ski Sonnenkopf middle Saturday. Also mid January for a week in St Jakob....... Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Markymark29 wrote:
DT68, yeah, it's spot on, really looking forward to it, looks awesome and great thing is its so easy to get to Lech/ Zurs so will be doing more there than just the Weisse Ring, plenty time to ski lots of new off piste runs. Very excited, town has some great hotels and good après options too for that 5pm beer or 3!! PM me if you want accom options, researched it plenty so know the places pretty well I reckon.

Gr8. I've stayed there 4 times in the last 3 years so reckon I've got the accommodation options taped. Definitely back in Feb for half term and am still hoping to get in a short trip with my boys before Christmas.

ps: did you stay at Haus Hubertus?

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 6-09-13 18:28; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DT68, very excited about it Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

sah, we'll be there 8-15.03.14 then round to St Anton and Angelika......we WILL get those turns in maybe next season. Decided we'll take car round and maybe ski Sonnenkopf middle Saturday. Also mid January for a week in St Jakob.......

Ideal excuse to ski Sonnenkopf:-)

Yep, if poss I'll be out there, would be great to meet up. Doing Cham in Jan for weekend, nothing else booked yet but likely Warth or St Anton in early March. *might* do a pre-Xmas trip but only if there a lot of snow.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Markymark29, I am sending you a PM. Hope you don't mind me hijacking this thread
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy