Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alternative to Soll / Ski Welt

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The last two years our annual weekly ski trip has been to Soll, Austria staying in b&b or apartment accomodation.
Positives have been the easy and cheap transfer by train from Munich airport, low prices, decent apres and good ski area.
The only real negative has been inconvenient links back to Soll from the rest of the ski area.

We are a mix of skiers and snowboarders, all good intermediates and stay mostly on-piste.

Can anyone recommend an alternative ski resort for us for next year. Would prefer to still fly into Munich/transfer onwards by train as one of our party lives in Germany and it's the best airport for us all to reach.

Thanks in advance
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If it is only the inconvenience of Soll which is annoying you, then stay in one of the better-connected resorts, e.g. Westendorf: you can head into the SkiWelt or the opposite direction into the Kitchbuhl/Kirchburg areas.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pablito69, Brixen.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We've looked at Westendorf (is it an easy link to the railway station there?) and other places in the Ski Welt. Would appreciate suggestions of other ski areas though for a change.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You could try the Zillertal area, not much further and the train links go right up to Mayrhofen.

If you all meet up at Munich Airport, why not use one of the transfer services and be independent of the trains? That way you are free to set up your own pick up drop off times on arrival and for departure, plus you open up a huge range of resorts. ou need to say how many you are though I suppose, but I know several companies do some good deals for groups. Look at the Munich airport pages for details of the transfer services, I think there are now 4 or 5 that actually have office space there in the Central area below arrivals (near the access to the car hire companies).
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The Zillertal is great but I'd recommend having your own transport there as the lift pass covers half a dozen ski areas and they're all worth visiting. Kaltenbach is my favourite.

Another good alternative would be Zell/Kaprun. Train station in Zell and it has faily low tree-lined skiing similar to Soll. Kaprun is half an hour away on the free ski bus and has a good variet of pistes on the glacier. We did a week there last year and skied the two area on alternate days.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Westendorf train station is down in valley from town - not really walkable with luggage - plenty of taxis in Westendorf BUT last time I was there no taxi company telephone numbers posted at train station! So take a phone number with you.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pablito69, Westendorf is my favourite SkiWelt village, but as mentioned, the train isn't in the actual village. Would be quite a schlepp to lug baggage from there into the main part of the village where most of the accommodation/bars/lifts are. Your hotel would likely be able to pick you up though, or at least arrange a taxi. Presumably the postbus is also an option.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Saalbach would be another option, ideal for a intermediates and plenty of fun apres, but an extra hour on the transfer from Munich (quicker if you can fly to Salzburg instead).
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mayrhofen would be ideal, don't need a car to get about valley, buses and trains are great and free. Plenty of choice in village for accomodation and food. Zell am See is nice, but nothing like the variety and mileage of the Zillertal. If snow conditions are poor glacier at Hintertux is considerably better than at Kaprun.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pablito69, As mentioned - Saalbach might be your best bet.
Or somewhere in Zillertal, Schladming or maybe even Flachau in Ski Amade (will be lift connected to Wagrain for the next season).
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Tom W, Flachau has been lift connected to Wagrain for over 20 years! The new lift will just reduce the necessity of having to get on a bus to cross from one side of Wagrain to the other! wink The G-Link lift will open in December 2013 and will join the Grießeckkar slopes with the Graffenberg ones. Toofy Grin
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Samerberg Sue, That's what I meant Wink Thanks
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy