Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

URGENT REQUEST...B&B/room near to Tamworth Snowdome.

Poster: A snowHead
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this....sure to get moved if not.

No 1 son is booked onto a BASI course at Tamworth, Monday 20th to Friday 24th. He was arranged to bunk up at a friends house nearby but, due to a very unfortunate event with my friends family, thats not going to happen. So, looking at his options. He could drive each day, but that entails a min 45mins each way up the M42....second only to the M25 for being a crap motorway!! Have looked at various hotel/travelodge options in the area, and nearly fell over at some of the prices Shocked Even laterooms.com had no sensible offers.

So, anyone in the area got any sensible suggestions? There has to be a friendly B&B, or something, somewhere in the area, where you dont feel as if you are buying part of the building wink Anyone do 'rooms' whatever. Open to pretty much anything at this late stage (I've not told him yet Embarassed )
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Apologies if you have already done this. but have you tried looking at B&Bs directly, rather than through the big travel sites? I've never found these great for B&Bs. I would start googling B&Bs in Tamworth, then put in nearby villages etc, and looking at the individual websites directly. Then the ones that look promising you could see if they'd do a deal on a midweek stay.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
45 minutes not the end of the world surely? Wait till he's got a real job in the real world
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Also, have you tried asking the dome for recommendations?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Tamworth Arms is really close and was quite nice for the price. I was sharing with my girlfriend which made it about £25 a night. I'm not sure how cheap it is for a single.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
snowskisnow, 45 mins? 45 mins? what I would give for only 45 mins on the M25 on my daily commute. Of course it's up to you, but if you think it worth forking out for a B&B plus evening meal to save 45 mins each way then good luck with finding somehwere suitable - what annaski said.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Also ask BASI to forward #1's email address to others on the course. They may be happy to share a twin.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
45 minutes isn't much, but doing the course is quite tiring mentally and adding 1.5 hours of traveling justs adds to that. Especially driving up the M42!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Get real guys! How old is snowskisnow's son? Next time you are flying to your ski resort spare thought for pilot who drove 45 mins to get to work. Or next time you or family member undergoes major operation think about surgeon who lives 45 mins away assuming he leaves at 645 to beat traffic and be in to round before theatre. What I would give to have 45 min each way trip to a day of fanastic fun!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
peanuthead, he's younger than my sons I think, as they shared a freestyle ski lesson with him quite some time ago, and they are 23 and 24, so perhaps an inexperienced driver too?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I drove 30mins each way to my l1 aged 44, just about managed it. MTFU
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Try airbnb.co.uk
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I drove an hour to work this morning, will probably drive an hour home tonight.....its amazing what the human body can do. MTFU indeed! rolling eyes rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It saddens me when someone puts up a public request for help only to be criticised for some prior decision - the rationale of which is often not disclosed.

snowskisnow is clearly aware of the option to drive and is seeking a better alternative. Provide one or STFU.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
altis, agreed.
snow conditions
Well haven't you lot got out of bed this morning!

It we are jumping on the WELL I DROVE TWENTY TWO HOURS TO WORK THIS MORNING bandwagon, then I used to regually drive up to 2h each way to work on crap motorways. And it's poo-poo. Why do that if you don't have to? Especially if you are an inexpericnaced driver in a crappy car (just a guess, but who can afford to insure their kids on good cars now?!?)

Nice idea to stay in a B&B, hope you find somewhere for your son snowskisnow,
latest report
Are any of these any use snowskisnow, :-
http://www.starstay.co.uk/derbyshire/swadlincote/hotels_in_and_near_appleby_magna_2.htm
http://www.bedandbreakfast-directory.co.uk/results.asp?town=tamworth&county=staffordshire
http://www.tamworth.gov.uk/leisure_and_tourism/tourism_and_travel/accommodation.aspx

I don't know that part of the world, so no idea if any good, but the postcodes seem to fit!

Very Happy
snow report
Anyway, why is snowskisnow making this request and not his (or her?) son? If parents would only unwrap their adult kids from the cotton wool they might be surprised how well they can MTFU!
snow report
peanuthead, probably because he isn't a member here, and his Dad is, and knows that there will be several people who may be in the area and be able to help?
latest report
Hells Bells, sounds reasonable
snow conditions
snowskisnow, maybe you could drop and collect him every day (unless you work 45 mins in opp direction!)
snow report
Hells Bells wrote:
peanuthead, probably because he isn't a member here, and his Dad is, and knows that there will be several people who may be in the area and be able to help?

Spot on. Anyhow....problem now resolved,so we can all get on with our lives wink
snow report
snowskisnow, Good luck to J Happy
ski holidays
snowskisnow, yes, good luck to him.
latest report
Claude B, Hells Bells, Cheers both, will pass on your best wishes.

I'm only concerned that,following his knarly exploits in the Pyranees,he will get bored. Heart thumping excitement is not high on the BASI list Laughing
I really must persuade him to hack some of his GoPro footage together,and post it on here.He has some nice footage of some of the big lines he skied,along with a days heli skiing.....lucky sod Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
snowskisnow, Just remind him to turn wink

Sure he'll be fine, his season would have helped enormously. Natalie has only just got her license, took months for the shadowing, etc along with A level studies.
ski holidays
Claude B wrote:
Just remind him to turn

Not sure he's ever learnt to actually do that wink Most of his time seems to be spent at Mach 3,regardless of the terrain. He's going to find the Snowdome very tame!

I will admit to using Nat as an example recently, and told him he simply cannot be beaten by a mere girl wink NehNeh

The shadowing thing is a real PITA. He did loads during his season,and cant use any of it Mad Ah well,someone has to fund the BASI money pit wink
snow conditions
snowskisnow, good luck, the younger cool kids on my and my wifes courses who were very good skiers struggled with the slow snow plough parts, having always skied at Mach 10.....so perhaps something for him to think about....he may well have it nailed but I thought I'd pass on some recent experiences...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Try the holiday inn express (next door to the snow dome) or travelodge - both very close and looking quite reasonable at the moment
snow conditions
Dr George, she said she already tried the travelodge and it was too expensive. also said it's resolved now.
snow report
Travelogue even now only coming up at £29/£34 a night - but good it's all sorted - hope he enjoys it
snow report
kitenski, Having just spent the season in the company of a BASI Alpine Trainer....he better have it nailed!!
The real problem is that he has developed into a knarly off piste skier,and park rat Cool And L1 is all about pure technique. However,he has also done loads of shadowing,along with a seasons guiding....and enjoys helping others on the mountain. I have little doubt he is capable of being a good instructor,he just needs to get his head around the ridgid training structure Confused
latest report
snowskisnow, no pressure on him then Wink
snow report
Passed Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
snowskisnow, Congratulations Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Give him our regards! Just shadowing, 1st Aid, Child Protection Module and Disclosure to go now!
ski holidays
Claude B, Yea,he knows! He's going to be a busy little bunny. The lucky booger has landed himself a summer job, doing marshalling etc at all the big festivals, including Glastonbury. And he's already been offered a season out in Morzine, along with his girlfriend Toofy Grin Not jealous Evil or Very Mad
snow report
snowskisnow, Yes you are wink It took Nat about 8 months but she was busy with A levels and other things, best to get it done quick if poss!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy