Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2013/2014 (Post Season 50cm New Snow :-)

Poster: A snowHead
kitenski wrote:
Sitter, how's the snow on and off? nice corn off I'd hope if you get your timings right??

Not been off piste since last Minday when we had the snowfall due to work, being away and then today lack of preferred off-piste board.

On piste is exactly what you would expect this time of year, few slushy patches amongst the corn and in some places the vegetation is just trying to poke through.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just FYI re Thefts.

The End of the Season is the Peak time for thefts from Hotels, Places of Work, Ski Bum Accomodations.

More stuff goes missing at this time than any other time of the season.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hmm....interesting forecast Smile

http://www.yr.no/place/Austria/Tyrol/Galzig/long.html
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
kitenski,

would be nice ... I'd take that Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Stuben am Arlberg 1st April Miniture Effect

ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Folks. If you go over here there are some St Anton Piste Conditions fotos from April 1st.

As you will see there is NO Problem to ski to Town Very HappyVery Happy

http://www.alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=50787&p=4976246&hilit=arlberg#p4976246
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hello folks. We are going to be joining you on Sunday (6th), so I'm looking to pick up a bit of inside information. Which pistes are looking good ( we are largely on piste skiers, though not limited to), where to ski (thinking of getting over to Lech/Zurs), where not to ski and best times of the day if you can help. I'm also looking for a good bar to watch the football on Wednesday.

We'll have 4 kids in tow so any non skiing activities you can think of would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Red 80.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
red80,

Where are you staying red?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Plenty of places will be showing the football, just depends on where you are staying as to where to suggest watching it.

Best time of day for skiing is first thing, standard spring conditions really, ski all morning, have a late lunch and then relax and enjoy the afternoon in the sun terrace or in the pool. There's also bowling available at the ArlRock centre next to the train station.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mattmulkeen wrote:
red80,

Where are you staying red?

Hi, staying in Nasserein, somewhere near Tom Dooleys bar. I don't mind having a walk though.
Cheers.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sitter wrote:
Plenty of places will be showing the football, just depends on where you are staying as to where to suggest watching it.

Best time of day for skiing is first thing, standard spring conditions really, ski all morning, have a late lunch and then relax and enjoy the afternoon in the sun terrace or in the pool. There's also bowling available at the ArlRock centre next to the train station.

Thanks Sitter. The climbing walls will keep my kids entertained for a couple of hrs.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dooley's will have the football on, but Wednesday is their season end party (doesn't close after, it's one of the few places that stays open year round) so might get a bit busy later on. Otherwise Fanghouse will more than likely have the game on, or bars in the centre of town, about a 5 min walk away and there's Cuba or Murrmel who have been showing some games this season.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Folks. Saturday 17:00hrs in Lech Clouds hanging over the valley & its raining a bit..

Really feels like the Mud season (May/June) already Sad
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Further to my post above, Dooley's will only be showing the first half of the game due to season end party, so your best bet for watching all of it will be Fang or somewhere in town, although might be a bit iffy with kids in tow. If your chalet has TV you should get the game no problem, so long as you are not fussed by the lack of English commentary.

Taps race on Tuesday will be their last day this season, unlike previously years they are not opening up after. KK closing as I type so only places on the mountain for Après will be Mooserwirt and Senn Hutte (I think it's still open).
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
red80, If you are talking about the Bayern Munich home leg in the Champions league, it is being shown in full on German Free TV. I'm not sure if it is ARD or ZDF. I imagine that Austrian TV will also show it as well. You may not understand the commentary but I can assure you it will be a damned sight less partisan and nonsensical than ITV'S normal drivel!
snow report
Cloudy all over this morning. Already above freezing on Galzig.

Next week aoart from Tuesday (snow at altitude)will be mild freeze level above 2000M
ski holidays
Samerberg Sue, Laughing
snow report
Markymark29, I usually have both going just to stay on top of the information when the games are on Free TV - but nearly always end up turning ITV off due to the uninformed and highly biased commentary from the UK provider. Even with neutral games with no English teams taking part, they still some how manage to work in English football comparisons and the World Cup in 1966! At least the Germans tell it as it is, if they are playing like shite then the commentators say so and the "experts" do not hold back either, especially that man of few but very direct words, Oliver Kahn! Laughing
snow report
stanton, I'm inLech today and have skied Warth also. Most slopes got to slush-puppy by midday, even top of Steinmahder was supersoft. I've never seen the resort with so little snow cover, even this late in the season. Sunshine was pretty harsh with temps at 16 plus in the resort. A bit of snow expected tomorrow so I reckon Zurs will be half decent in the morning. Stuben looked pretty much finished on the front side as I drove past yesterday. Ski early, lunch long. Skullie
snow report
skimastaaah, skied the same and thought the snow was much less slushy than expected, some nice moguls down ski route 1 which had just softened enough.
snow report
skimastaaah wrote:
I've never seen the resort with so little snow cover, even this late in the season.

We never had much all season, so what do you expect?

Just wasnt our season...

Without the massive investment in artificial snow coverage the ski lifts would of been closed a long time ago.

However we are still OPEN where many other places closed & the the locals are all ready on the Hols in Mexico & Thailand

Still the ARLBERG BIG Dump is more than likely to come April/May....
snow report
We are covered in cloud/fog here damp oft conds around +2C on Galzig.
snow report
Morning in Lech/Zurs good albeit flat light. Then rain/sleet lunchtime, so came home early!
ski holidays
Snowing at top of valluga about 1pm,then cleared lower down, but raining hard in Stuben now.

Beer o'clock.
snow report
kitenski, I was skiing Zurs this morning, went up Rufikopf and skied into Tritalp. Pretty much corn, crud, and slush. Crossed over to Zursersee, and tried Mugengrat valley run. Top section after the track was quite nice. Did a few runs on that side in variable visibility, then down to Zug from Madloch. From then on it was light drizzle and rain roundabout midday. Drove over to St Anton to have a late lunch, passed Stuben in steady rain. Sadly no fresh powder this trip!
snow report
It's been snowing overnight here (Oberlech) and still snowing lightly in resort Cool
ski holidays
Folks . there is going to be a bit of Blues & Jazz going on this weekend on the hill & in town.

Friday, 11.04.2014
09.00 hrs Galzig base station „Brennholz“: Jive, R’n’B
10.30 hrs Galzig top station „Brennholz“: Jive, R’n’B
13.00 hrs Rendl-Beach „Lorenzo Wilson Blues Trio“: Blues, Soul
15.00 hrs St. Anton pedestrian zone „Stanton Marching Band“: Dixie
15.00 hrs „Soul on the Square”, Hotel Anton „The Gang”: Blues, Soul
16.00 hrs Hotel Post terrace „Brennholz“: Jive, R’n’B
19.00 hrs Ka zwoat`s „Stompin’ Howie“: Blues, Piano
20.30 hrs Kaminstube am Moos „Onkelmike“: Blues, Piano
21.30 hrs Piccadilly „Hot Rod“: Jive, Rhythm’n’Blues feat. Gary Brown (New Orleans): Voice, Sax
22.00 hrs Anthony’s Happy Valley Steakhouse „Roadwork”: Funk, Soul

Saturday, 12.04.2014
09.00 hrs Galzig base station „Brennholz“: Jive, R’n’B
10.30 hrs Galzig top station „Brennholz“: Jive, R’n’B
12.30 hrs Rendl-Beach „The Jailhouse Rockers”: R'n'B, Rock'n'Roll
15.00 hrs St. Anton pedestrian zone „Stanton Marching Band“: Dixie
20.00 hrs ARLBERG-well.com „New Orleans Blues Night“ with Markus Linder Blues Band, feat. Gary Brown (New Orleans): Voice, Sax
Dors open at 19.30 hrs / Free admission / The culinary programme also has a New Orleans theme

Sunday, 13.04.2014
12.00 hrs Rendl-Beach „Stanton Marching Band“: Dixie
18.00 hrs Galzig Bistrobar „Rafatunes“: Soul, R’n’B
snow report
Easter Saturday 19th April

Der Weiße Rausch 2014

http://www.arlbergadler.eu/de/arlberg-adler/der-weisse-rausch.html
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Conditions much better today! Largely due to lower temperature during the day, partly the light covering of fresh snow (maybe 3cm or thereabouts?).
Had a hilarious snowmobile tow from bottom of W9 to Auenfeldjet gondola.
Top recommendation is the apple strudel in Kriegeralpe (near top of Hasensprung chair).
Any recommendations for affordable places to eat in Lech?
latest report
thewinelake, Kriegealpe has the best Vodka Fiege on that piste!!!
Snow was better earlier today, but rather wet.
To avoid the rather hilarious snowmobile ride from the W9, just ski around the corner of the Auenfeld restaurant..... simples.
ski holidays
skimastaaah, yeah Warth's pretty lousy eh? Just booked our Lufthansa flights for end January, should be 3m deep by then in the village!! Been back 2.5 weeks now and just had to book those cheap flights, love the place.
latest report
Markymark29, As you are well aware Warth is a rather pleasant resort with some half decent piste skiing and access to excellent OP.

It just so happens that at the moment the conditions are not up to the usual year on year snow depths. The piste direct to the Auenfeldjet lift is mud almost top to bottom, best route is via the little bar/restaurant.

Warth is never "pretty lousy eh?".
snow report
The South facing aide of warth is bare, the other side back to the village areas has some nice snow...
ski holidays
Warth is excellent, reason it's snow isn't too good is that they have no artificial snow making capability (YET), that goes in over the summer. When we were there 4 weeks ago it was getting tracked out, daren't think what it's like now. Some good stashes under the lift going down to Steffisalp through the trees. Just looked on webcam these routes will still be ok I reckon.
snow conditions
@skimastaaah - we went that way the first time - I preferred the skimobile!!

Did Weiss Ring today with the kids (slightly unintentionally - the route back to Zurs from top of Madloch, though not technically closed, looked tricky and suspiciously devoid of tracks). The skiroute into Zug was pretty good, then the chairlift through totally unsnowed woods (the only splash of white there is a bra hanging from a tree!). Had a lovely lunch at Kriegealpe again, and we were probably not allowing for that when skiing route 41 off the top of Kriegerhorn. Fun though and reasonable snow compared to the pistes.
latest report
thewinelake, dive up Rufikopf when you get down to Lech, you should find decent snow on the high north facing slopes.
snow report
Oh yes, we have enjoyed them. The ones around Trittalp are nice. Piste 7 down from the other gondola was a bit icy up top then slushy at the bottom the other day.
snow report
Wondering if it's worth trying Sonnenkopf (as recommended by ski hire guy in pfefferkorns) tomorrow. Would mean 50 mins on 2 buses (or maybe we could drive).
snow conditions
thewinelake, well worth it, north facing and great sheltered slopes. You can get bus to Klosterle and walk over to gondola or ski to Stuben and get a taxi? Go early would be my advice, can get busy with locals, great for kids.
snow report
thewinelake, just looked at the webcam for Sonnenkopf and it doesn't look too clever but it's 4pm local time and iffy weather so that doesn't help. Lots of green/ brown showing but pistes look ok. Go early if going, plenty of parking if you have a car.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy