Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for advice from fellow ski instructors (regarding BASI L3)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I'm keen to tick something off the Level 3 list this year. I'm not definitely going for the level 3 but ill need to do a refresher soon anyway and I thought why not do something that benefits my teaching a bit.

Having done a little bit of research on cost, timings and commitment I've narrowed it down either common theory or level 1 coaching. I would consider second discipline but first I'd first need to learn a second discipline and pretty quick. Thinking of doing this course around September.

So really just a quick question; which one of the two would you say I'd gain the most from in terms of teaching next season?

Thanks in advance.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
L1 Coach. Excellent course. I got a lot from it in terms of teaching (coaching) strategy. Common Theory was interesting (although I did the old version not the current offering) but not so useful in terms of teaching skills.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What he says above... where are you based?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You could do adaptive for the 2nd discipline as you don't need any previous experience
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was about to suggest the same as musehead, I'm doing the adaptive at Hemel in July and it's spread over two weekends so I don't even have to use any holiday. I've heard it's a good course from friends that have done it.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Pete88, great course, both are good for teaching but I would give a much higher preference to the coach L1. I could be wrong but SSE may be running an UKCP L1 which is equivalent to BASI at Hemel over the summer , only a three course and over weekend dates at http://www.uksnowsports.co.uk/courses.asp?c=Alpine
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skimottaret, I was looking to do the coach L1 and then some race training with Snoworks in the autumn, but have only just found out they're not running it this year. Will be looking to do the coach this summer/autumn so thanks for that link.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pete88, you sure? I would have thought Mike would be keen to run it if numbers permit.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I thought it would be a popular course, but Mike emailed me saying that they won't be running one in the near future. It's a shame because I thought they'd be two complementary courses.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy