Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best location to stay in Les Arcs 1800

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, I am new to the forum and I have not managed to find an answer to my question after scanning the site but apologies if this has been covered.

I am planning a trip to Les Arcs 1800 at Christmas and have a few options for accommodation and would like a little guidance on the best location in resort. So far, the best accommodation that I have found is in/around Chantel above Le Charvet. My question with this location is, how much of a hassle is it to get back up the hill at night after a few beers at Villards? This location (St. Bernard) appears to be great for ski in/ski out but I have seen mixed reviews on the location for going home of an evening. We are likely to ski down to the bottom of the Arcs 1800 to the bottom of the Chantel lift and partake in some Apres so we will have all our gear with us. We don't mind a bit of extra excercise but just want to make sure it is not going to cause a problem with the group.

Other accommodation that I have looked at is in mirantins and L'Aiguille Grive.

Any recommendations on best places would be much appreciated and if someone can settle the discussion on the walk up the hill, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Sav
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sav1979, Can't comment on the Chantel bit but we have a flat in Aiguille Grive which involves a short walk to Charmettoger chairlift (as we are in middle block AG2 - there's direct access from AG3 to the lift) or 2 mins walk to Transarc, but we can ski in to the door, and although no bars on the doorstep it's only a 5 min walk to Villards or up to the new Aiguille Grive. Same applies to Mirantin which is even nearer to Villards and Transarc. If you ended up at Villards after skiing you would have to carry your skis up steps and along, which for me would be a pain but if you are young, strong, fit and have no kids then it wouldn't be a problem.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's a stiff walk back up to Chantel from the centre, but there are regular (free) buses until about 10 or 11pm
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks snowyowl, I have only seen the resort map which looks like a straight walk to Charmettoger side so hadn't thought about steps etc. Good to know and thanks for the feedback.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sav1979, welcome to snowHeads.

I've got an apartment in St Bernard. It's too much of a walk back up the hill in boots and carrying skis IMO, but there's a free shuttle bus which runs every 20 minutes until 11.30pm(I think). It's a short journey of just two or three minutes in the shuttle bus. The walk back up the hill is OK if you're in regular footwear, but wearing boots or carrying lots of groceries the shuttle is a better option.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Great, thanks for the tips guys. We are really looking for somewhere that we can avoid the shuttle as much as possible and walk relatively easily back home with our ski stuff so will concentrate more towards the town centre. Thanks again.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy