Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2014 Feb half term Family Bash

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Is there a Family Bash next Feb. half term??? OK its far away. Have recently discovered the delights of not skiing in a contained family group for entire holiday, and the kids (12 & 10) prefer mucking about with other kids, the missus likes to ski with the fairer sex, ski 10 turns then chat for 5 mins (probably in middle of piste or on a bend).
Problem is have to make a decision re. Feb half term by next week. If there is a high probability of one happening I would gamble and not book anything else. Can anyone in authority help me with my gambling?
Thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jonat3000m, Welcome to snowHead

I'd suggest you send Admin a pm and ask - he'll be organising it if there is. To send one, click on the send/read message box in the top right hand corner.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Jonat3000m, I would be up for some of the same. We've skied as a family for some years, but different strokes mean that some mixed skiing outside the family would be excellent. My kids are 12,14,16 yrs
I understood Admin wasn't right chuffed with uptake on the family event this year..so we may have to DIY a Snowheads gig? If thats not in breach of Admin protocols?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Strax. I could probably come up with 4 or 5 interested families, dont know if any are snowheads but would be easy to enlist them and sure they would be willing to become super snowheads or whatever if something comes of it. Would be handy to have Admins knowledge/contacts involved.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If there is any plans for this, a small plea that we have the details as early as possible.

Many of us will be booking trips from August onwards and once one booked in not possible to justify another trip
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think this is almost certainly what limited the interested for 2013. It is definitely true for us we booked our family holiday in May last year. In fact this year I booked for Easter 2014 in January 2013. I did PM admin to ask if one was on the cards before I booked but he hadn't read it after a week or so and so I decided to go ahead and book as I was sure if I waited too long the price would rise (it did).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We could go with group of families from kids school Easter 2014, but Easter is late next year, holidays kicking off on 5th April. Concerned about the white stuff, having problems parting with a load of money at that time of year. Ok snow good this year, but next??? Half term more reassuring.

Anyone have any idea how many families would make Admin happy.

Agree with most people booking 2014 in next couple of months, the reason I raised the initial question, so if there's is interest out there, lets show it!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
For us the cost of the Feb 2013 was ruled it out as we already had a better deal booked.
I know this may not calm the worries about Feb 2014 half term against a late April Easter, but the last time Easter fell so late there was a SFAB called for the Easter period (it was then the week before the EoSB, same as next year will be) but the conditions were great in Val Thorens.
Maybe next year there will be another SFAB? Just think of it, Oxalys and their excellent facilities?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I would be up for a SFaB in the Oxalys under the same sort of arrangement as the first one at the Oxalys was run, i.e. the week prior to the EoSB which coincided with the second week of the kids Easter holidays that year. For Half Term Feb next year I am already booked up as I was this year and a Half Term bash of the type offered this year wasn't going to work for me in terms of holiday type/cost and timing. However, a second week of the Easter hols bash in the Oxalys at VT as per the first SFaB would be on the cards for us next year if it were to be offered.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
This is the trouble when you have kids...especially when you have several. You have to book your holidays ages in advance to ensure getting suitable accommodation etc. (and to have time to save up for it!!). If we are going to organize family bashes there needs to be plenty of notice, especially due to the limited opportunities in the year to take them, and all those Frenchies wanting to go at the same time.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

all those Frenchies wanting to go at the same time.

which is why Megamum's suggestion of going to a high resort in the first week of the Easter holidays is a good one. The Frenchies won't be bothering - and it's low season for accommodation. Easter next year is too late for the common run of resorts, but should be fine in somewhere like Tignes or Val Thorens.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Richard_Sideways, and I could well be interested in a family pre-EoSB week as we've booked for a week in January and this season taught us 1 week away is just not enough but we'd need to share childcare costs with others (ours would be 2 & 4 and 4 year old would be doing half day lessons).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy