Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Brief TR : Fresh lines beeeetches

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Having failed to make the booking cutoff for the EOSB due to ongoing injury that had failed to resolve itself on time I comforted myself with a quick weekend jolly season closer to Cervinia.

No pics due to inability of my camera/phone to withstand large quantities of water and resolve pics of total whiteness.

The Bad

i) Zermatt pass upgrade turned out to be an utter waste of money as all the interesting bits had already closed. Idiot who failed to do the research here duly flagellated.

ii) Brief foray over border thwarted by immediate Swiss action to close all available runs/lifts and the longest and most painfully stopping drag lift in the world to get back.

iii) Orange tops to piste poles are actually pretty helpful when they are the only thing you can see one at a time.

iv) No bin bags being handed out - ain't they heard of customer service.

The Good

v) Food & hospitality

vi) Name of the local snowboard club - its enough to make me take one planking seriously again if I coul sport the Lupi Volanti sticker/badge

vii) Private skiing - never mind no lift line there was one lift which was only moved off idle for me to do a each lap - admittedly navigating only by the sound of Europop from a mountain hut which bizarrely remained open.

viii) Signifcant snowfall led to being able to score either loose and tail happy turns on piste or skiing on pillowy goodness offpiste. Occasionally there would be a window of vis in which to enjoy it.

ix) Due to the Italian national traits of skiing on race skis (honestly grown men on 150cm SL on a real mountain) or donning lycra onesies to skin uphill on skinny Trabs, off piste remained remarkably unpillaged. A Russian guy tried to buy my skis off me when he saw how much more fun they were. I scored fresh lines Sunday right down to the Front a Neige including a whole face that I scored 9 times untrammelled by anyone elses tracks (to be fair it was definitely very sloppy seconds if you tried to cross other tracks)

x) The Matterhorn/Monte Cervino - apparently it's there, though to be honest I suspect the posters and postcards are photoshopped.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 29-04-13 14:23; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Lupi Volanti

Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fatbob, bin bags ?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
www.lupivolanti.com

Bin bags - those transparent polythene smocks you sometimes get given on days of high "precipitation" - mainly in Canada to be fair on those days whne snowfall is measured in mm wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fatbob wrote:

Bin bags - those transparent polythene smocks you sometimes get given on days of high "precipitation" - mainly in Canada to be fair on those days whne snowfall is measured in mm wink

hmm, never seen that, in 30 years skiing, not even in Canada. I must be skiing in the wrong places!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Patch, perhaps more sensibly you've been in the bar on those liquid snow days - I've had the bin bags in Whistler & Fernie and wished I'd had them a number of other places. Perhaps analogous to the fold out nappy flap on coaches overcoats.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I had a trip late last year that sounded a lot like this!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy