Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

29 years later.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead

http://www.lucarolli.com/A._Guida_Alpina_Luca_Rolli/News/Voci/2013/4/24_Aig._Blanche_de_peuterey_-_East_Face.html
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks like it should be a black, not a red.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
moffatross, Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
With a skull and cross bones wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
i'm probably a little mad, but not cross Toofy Grin wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
And 2 days later... Ben Briggs nipped in for a GB-styley repeat... respect!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Skiing to Punta Helbronner / Refuge Torino for the Aiguille du Midi, then down to Montonvers yesterday. I noticed that so many things that used to get skied once upon a time - say once a year or so, all had tracks on them.
Most of the major couloir type lines on the Tacul, the Tour Rond, the north face of la Noire. Smaller stuff like the Aiguille du Toule and Aiguille d'Entreve almost mougled out!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Idris, is that exceptional snow conditions or just more mentalists than ever hanging out in Cham?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Arno wrote:
Idris, is that exceptional snow conditions or just more mentalists than ever hanging out in Cham?

It's a continuation of what we saw a few years ago with the Midi north face lines. One year 3 people, 30 the next, 45 in a day the following! Rather than a change in ability or ski level, a change in the collective thinking of what is acceptable to ski - A similar thing happened 30 - 40 years ago with De Benedtti and Baud's generation.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
That's some eye watering exposure from the face shot but the other pictures make it look much more reasonable albeit buttock clenching.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Respect for that descent!! Shocked Shocked

Congratulations!! Also the text in the blog is nice!! Thank you for show us
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
meh wrote:
That's some eye watering exposure from the face shot but the other pictures make it look much more reasonable albeit buttock clenching.

And from Ben Brigg's descrption too (solo Shocked Shocked Shocked ): http://ben-briggs.com/2013/04/27/aiguille-blanche-de-peuterey-east-face/

Without snow on it it is essentially a cliff

Wonder will there be any repetitions on the main line, the one theY tried to board in that episode of Deeper?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Idris wrote:
Skiing to Punta Helbronner / Refuge Torino for the Aiguille du Midi, then down to Montonvers yesterday. I noticed that so many things that used to get skied once upon a time - say once a year or so, all had tracks on them.
Most of the major couloir type lines on the Tacul, the Tour Rond, the north face of la Noire. Smaller stuff like the Aiguille du Toule and Aiguille d'Entreve almost mougled out!

I remember about 30 years ago climbing up the Gervasutti couloir I think on the Tacul and as we got close to the top we saw some people skiing down the couloir of the same name on the Tour Ronde. Seemed insane at the time (still way beyond me these days !) but as you say, probably done on a fairly regular basis I would guess these days
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My god! how steep??
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy