Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotel La Vanoise - Plan Peisey - is this ski in out via a blue run?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Could anyone confirm if Hotel La Vanoise is ski in/out via an easy Blue run? Could anyone advise what the piste is called that runs past the Hotel?

I have searched for decent piste maps for Les Arcs but don't seem to come up with anything that close up or detailed.

I've seen a picture from an Old Peisey thread from Bertie Bassett which shows the Vanoise on the piste side but it looks quite steep.

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mini_mo, yes its on a blue run not sure what its called but seems easy enough-alot of the ski school groups were using it at the end of the day to bring the classes back down. Pretty sure the hotel is near the bottom of the Peisey 61 chairlift as well for easy access, seems like a very good location to me.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, it's right on an easy blue, it's called retour plan peisey I believe.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It is a lovely hotel and yes on a blue but for the return it can get icy and a bit crowded. An easy ski down to the lift as well. If staying there do go for one of the south facing rooms with balcony - well worth it.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi thanks for info.

We have reserved south facing family rooms Very Happy

Does anyone know if you get wine included with the meals and whether the menu is a reduced version of the main menu on their web site? The evening menu pdf looked lovely but it had prices plus an a la carte option so I am assuming this is for non resident guests. It would be good to know.

I have emailed the Hotel a few times to ask and left an answerphone message but no-one has responded. In fact the only away I managed to book was through the online system. I hope their service when there is better!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've been in for a drink, it looks like a nice hotel in a great location. Never eaten or stayed there though.

I'm sure the lack of response is just the time of year. The hotel be closing down for the season now, if it in fact has not closed up already. They are likely to have no more than a skeleton staff and the owners/managers will be looking forward to a nice relaxing couple of weeks to recover from the winter before thinking about the summer season.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mini_mo, It is right on the retour Plan Peisey - you'll just take a little fork off. And an easy ski down to the Peisey lift in the morning. I don't know about the wine, but it is a lovely hotel with a fabulous piste side inside pool & Jacuzzi, & arguably the best sauna I have ever enjoyed. I expect the hotel have just finished for the season & gone off on holiday. I guess they'll get back to you soon.
When are you going?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Genepi, we are going w/c 15th March. Since we started looking at accommodation at the start Feb for 11, then 15, then 11 and finally down to 7 people I am quite relieved we have finally booked something!
Shocked Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mini_mo, we stayed there as a big family group about 3 times , the last being some time ago - probably about 5 years. Then - and like other similar French hotels - wine was not included , you choose - lot of local wine eg Gamay . In a very French way if you do not finish your bottle , leave it on the table and as long as no thirsty Brits grab it the waiters will cork it , put a label on it and it is back on your table the next evening.

Likewise napkins - at the start of your stay you are given a paper wallet on which you write your room number - you put your napkin in it when finished and it is on your table again the following evening.

Cheeseboard was excellent as was breakfast.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
mini_mo, sorry for the delayed response - been on leave. Stayed there many years ago and if it's still run by the same family you won't be disappointed.
See here for more (but sometimes out-of-date) info. The Flying Squirrel Bar in the village has now gone - I believe.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=91164

The Vanoise has a great location and yes it is ski-in/out via a blue. Since it's right next to the big Vanoise Express cable car terminal, the runs to it are always well maintained. Even late season when the melt is in progress. Enjoy

EDIT - just looked at the hotel website. A) Same family running it B) Now a 3* (was a 2) C) Now has indoor pool and spa.
All good signs of a well-run, successful establishment. As it should be given the location.

Here's how close the Vanoise Express terminal is - taken from the hotel balcony

More photos here https://snowheads.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/g510-plan-peisey-les-arcs-january-2005.html
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy