Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Soll accommodation needed for solo skier, 4 nights 2014

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all. I'm looking for somewhere to stay in or around Soll in Austria for next January. I'm travelling alone and want to go for 4 nights so that I get 3 mid week ski days in, i need a single room (preferably no single supplement), I'm open to B&B or hotel. I've been to Austria before on my own, this year to Strass skiing the zillertal valley, but next year I really fancy trying the ski welt area. Can anyone offer any suggestions of suitable accommodation or have any ideas to point me in the right direction? Cheers, Ben.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Loads of places showing on booking.com
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I guess I'm a little late in replying to this one; not sure if you'll be sorted already, but will throw in my twopence anyway. My guess is that the single supplement will be the main sticking point here, and one which is hard to escape in a chalet holiday set-up. I have done some work for one of a growing number of solo ski companies which seek to solve this perennial problem for ski enthusiasts who travel alone. I don't know what the provision is like in Austria, so it might not be the ideal solution to your existing travel plans, but could be worth a look in future seasons or if you decide to look elsewhere.

Solo travel isn't just a 'singles holiday' in the dating sense of the word. It's really an opportunity to meet new people, ski with enthusiasts of a similar ability and - crucially - avoid the annoying singles supplement you mention. Holidays tend to be for a full week, but some companies offer short breaks more akin to the four-day escape you're looking for. And while solo ski holidays might not be ideal for you if you have a very fixed idea of where you want to go, skiing with other single travellers in future might introduce you not only to new people, but new places, also.

So: sorry it's not a tailor-made solution to your problem, but hope it gives you something to think about for future holidays in the Alps at least.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dlpressley, do you like spam in your sandwiches?

Coming to the site and pimping your own set-up in your first 3 posts is somewhat frowned in just about all the forums I belong to! rolling eyes
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Samerberg Sue, quite. And his suggestion of avoiding the 'singles supplement' is by making single people feel like annoying nuisances who have to be rounded up and forced to share with all manner of unknowns.

Hopefully bendiddley will have found a nice single room in a lovely Austrian B&B.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi guys. Sorry, I seem to have caused offence here. That was not my intention at all, I genuinely hoped to be helpful by posting here. Samberberg Sue: sorry, I wasn't trying to spam, just write about what I know after only a year of skiing (solo holidays and Les Gets). Queen Bodecia: I didn't say anything about single people; I was writing about individuals travelling alone who wish to meet other, like-minded people. The single supplement is a problem which Ben raised and which prompted my own contribution. I think people, single or otherwise, should enjoy the same rights to a great holiday, wherever, however, and with whomever they choose to travel.

Apologies for the distraction, Ben. Hope you have a great holiday.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
dlpressley, apology accepted - contact Admin (the site owner) for clearance and the OK to use your promotion links in the signature line.

Incidently, single rooms are much more common in Austrian hotels and single supplements are usually only applied IF you insist on booking a double room for single occupency. Both queen bodecia and myself regualry book single rooms and as yet have not had to pay a single supplement. The argument being, that if the room is designed for a single, why should you pay a supplement? I asked for my supplement back when one tour operator charged me a small fortune, then put me in a single bedded room. A supplement is perfectly acceptable if it is for under occupency, but if there is no under occupency, why should you be penalised for not wanting to share with a stranger?

After being in skiing for just one year or in the business of promoting single holidays? There is a world of difference in terms of how accurate and applicable your advice is! wink Your web pages are clearly aimed at holidays in France where single rooms are as rare as hen's teeth. Advice based on experience about Austrian resorts does not appear to be one of your strengths though really Little Angel
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the insight - very interesting. You're right that my own experience is based on France, not Austria - a country I would very much like to visit. In any case, although I was only trying to be helpful, I can see that my contributions are not really needed here.

For clarity though: I am not in the business of promoting solo, single or other holidays. I stand to gain nothing if you or anyone else books a holiday, no matter which company, no matter which resort. I have included links to two companies because I would recommend them in a real world scenario. I'm not a spammer Sad

I have advised admin accordingly.

Thanks.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Haus Mary. Cheap and convenient location. Owner is friendly and welcoming. Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy