Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Race skis to be made much much......................

Poster: A snowHead
Wider! Around 85mm-90mm if my sources are correct!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I await with interest but gotta say am not holding my breath.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
slikedges, Apparently due to edge loss, skiers not being too sure which edge they're skiing on, sounds ridiculous given that these skiers are on top of their game, but the source is very close to the decision making process for a major player.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
CH2O wrote:

Not for 2013/14 season.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stewart woodward, No for sure, 2013/14 is sooooooo last season.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stewart woodward, Product for 14/15 has al been validated and 15/16 now being developed. Little Angel
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
CH2O wrote:
15/16 now being developed. Little Angel

Ted Ligerty won't like them, but will probably still win if he is still racing wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
i could see 80 ish for marketing reasons but 90 seems a bit hard on the knees
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I would really love to see these guys going down injected courses with 90mm skis... especially if anyone wants to keep at least 20% of current angles Wink
Unless we are talking about some other racing here Wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Great, so now the SL skis will also need replacement and again only new skis will do!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
CH2O, Interesting, is there a particular FIS driven reason or Manufactures have come up with some new tech that conforms to FIS regs with wider skis?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
primoz, they'll have to recruit racers with real fat feet Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Where does this apparent info come from?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Philbo wrote:
Where does this apparent info come from?

Late april fools day? Wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Slow day at Sole inducing some interesting daydreams? Wink
ski holidays
this would definitely help with stability in faster races like super g and downhill where a skier doesnt really need super fast edge to edge transitions like in slalom
latest report
pcurran871 wrote:
this would definitely help with stability in faster races like super g and downhill where a skier doesnt really need super fast edge to edge transitions like in slalom

Puzzled Puzzled
snow report
More ski underfoot would make the ski more stable assuming the ski was the same stiffness would it not? Also would a wider ski not be heavier also making it faster?
snow report
pcurran871, Most of the time ski racers are on the edges not the flat, at least in the technical events - perhaps less so in DH admittedly, but there is definitely a need for rapid edge to edge transition in SG and DH.
Also, if a ski is wider and the same rigidity there will be more bend due to higher leverage (i.e. a loss of torsional stiffness).
Further, there has been no consultation or advance info. so after a little cogitation I can not see this being true (for alpine racing), though stranger things have happened.
ski holidays
They actually went this way few years ago, when there was minimum width under binding set to 64 or 65mm, and things were worse. After year or two, they came back to max width, with max. 65mm (for everything but SL, where there's still the opposite and minimum width of 63mm is set, but everyone are withing 0.5mm of those 63mm).
But then againCH2O, is also right... max width at tip is also set (for all disciplines except SL), and ski has to be max 95mm wide (103 for GS). So yes, skis are going to be, and already are, around 90+mm wide... just not under binding, but at tip of ski Very Happy
ski holidays
Busy day at Sole gave birth to the discussion! Was interesting that we didn't bring up the subject, just boot width vs ski width, we were talking Freeride skis when the subject was explained. I can but leave it there, couldn't really care to much about this F1 style artificial method of using a mountain, we are more...... Well accessible.
ski holidays
Let's hope FIS are moving to Chinese Downhill & Banzai being the new formats of choice for downhill racing too, stuff the injection wink

Although seeing the Monster event from Fernie, nu skool racers obviously have something to learn about wearing Lycra in a way that doesn't look like it's from a charity shop bin and filmers about proper footage.
snow conditions
CH2O wrote:
Busy day at Sole gave birth to the discussion! Was interesting that we didn't bring up the subject, just boot width vs ski width, we were talking Freeride skis when the subject was explained. I can but leave it there, couldn't really care to much about this F1 style artificial method of using a mountain, we are more...... Well accessible.

Puzzled English, please?

Are you saying that anyone can ski fat skis as no one is expected to ski them tidily?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy