Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon Guardian or Marker?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I've got a pair of 4Frnt MSPs that i'm going to stick a touring binding on for small tours and sidecountry skiing and was wondering everyones thoughts on these 2 bindings?

Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hey. I swear by salomon for alpine bindings but the guardians have got lots of complaints and returns in their first season.

I've skied dukes for 5 years and love them. Bitch for anything over 2 hours touring (same as the salomons) but so solid on the down and zero slop although a few people complain about it going up. I've heard the guardians ski the same as the dukes but people are breaking them touring.

If you are getting 2014 guardians you would hope that they've sorted first run probs. Who knows?

J
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tyrolia Adrenalins - yes a little later to market and harder to find than the two above, but a little more refined also.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The mounting footprint on the Arenalins is just huuuge! Plus they're not properly beta tested as they've sold so few. Marker is the best solution.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spyderjon wrote:
The mounting footprint on the Arenalins is just huuuge! Plus they're not properly beta tested as they've sold so few. Marker is the best solution.

True on the mounting footprint - I think the Beta test is now safely over and done (not true at the beginning of this winter), but as far as a touring rig go they are much nicer than the Sally and I'm sorry the Marker is horrible as a touring binding (not bad as an alpine rig)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Idris, not that I'm in the market, but what do they do better?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
clarky999, they allow a more natural ski flex, otherwise too fragile for us.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
CH2O, cheers.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
HAs anyone got any thoughts on the Marker Barons?

I can get a good deal on them and i'm only 75kg so don't need anything to hardcore
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
if you don't need DIN of 16 Barons seem pretty good. I recently switched from Dukes to F12s and they also seem pretty good. I'm 95kg and normally ski with my bindings set to 9 or 10
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm only ever going to be having my din at about 8 so the Barons should be ok i think
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
1873Chris, I'd be pleased to quote you on some Barons (either L or S) & I've got one pair of small F10's left.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
What price can you do spyderjon,

My BSL is 312mm so think that'll fit both L or S will it not

How much for Barons and F10's?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
1873Chris, large is 305-365mm & small is 265-325mm so either works but I'd recommend getting the small size. PM sent re price.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
1873Chris, can vouch for the DH performance of the barons , I'am also 75kg and have skied the barons for a couple of years now with no discernible difference in performance from my jesters Cool , have heard a few problems with the Sally's coming undone Sad
latest report
Why would you recommend the small spyder?
snow report
havnt used the baron so cant compare, but i have skiied about 30 days on the guardians and 2 days touring.

on piste/off piste downhill, they are awesome, feel so solid - no noticeable disadvantages to my prior ffg12 binding, better if anything. very tolerant when getting back in in deep snow.

touring, heavy but i am a beginner so not got much to compared too. but felt nice. the riser thing at the back can be quite easy to knock down by accident in the middle of a kick turn, but could just be me.

one problem is the ''incompatibility'' with non salomon at boots.
snow report
1873Chris wrote:
Why would you recommend the small spyder?

The small size easily accomodates your BSL with room to go up a size if required (highly unlikely) & the shorter overall length is lighter & has less effect on the flex of the ski.
ski holidays
I ended up getting an amazing deal on some Guardians Smile

Thanks soo much for the help spyderjon, but it was a deal too good to turn down.

Worked out cheaper than Barons Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy