Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Urgent Request from Warren Smith

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Some of you will have received this already from Warren I think.

Quote:
THEFT IN LONDON - Friday 4th November, 2.15pm
(#5000 reward for the return of the hard drives and laptops, no questions asked, call xxxxxxx)

The Incident:
Unfortunately, this is not the usual positive news regarding freeskiing events and movies. The news is concerning a police incident of theft. On Friday, myself and Melody Sky, had a car we were driving, broken into in West Hampstead, London. The thieves took 3 bags which contained amongst other things the company laptop computer, the company back up Hard Drive's and Melody Sky's photographic and video hard drive. The reason the thieves got away with this crime on a busy street in daylight was because the car alarm failed to activate. This was unfortunate as we were 30ft away from the car at the time.

Some more here
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Commiserations to Warren - this sounds like an enormous pain in the @back bottom that will take weeks if not months to rectify...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Heartfelt commiserations to WS.
It does show that the real value of a computer is the data - not the cost of the hardware. And it also highlights for us all that backups should be not just physically separated, (eg onto a separate server or external hard drive) but also at a separate geographical location, to allow for such things as fire or theft. This is not being smug - in fact, this most unfortunate case is making me rethink my data security.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ghastly - poor Warren. I've lost my address book and my diary in the past, and the inconvenience is dreadful. I hope he either recovers the stuff, or that he has other copies elsewhere - I can't imagine losing my bookings stuff. I'm off to Grenoble today to do something about my security!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
While I appreciate the reasons for taking Warren's phone number of the above plea, it does render it kind of useless as no one can contact him if they have any information about the theft. Rather than post his number here, if anyone does have any information and doesn't have Warren's contact details, please feel free to message me and I will pass it on to Warren.

Thanks
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
DarkSummer wrote:
While I appreciate the reasons for taking Warren's phone number of the above plea, it does render it kind of useless as no one can contact him if they have any information about the theft. Rather than post his number here, if anyone does have any information and doesn't have Warren's contact details, please feel free to message me and I will pass it on to Warren.

Thanks

If you read the link you'll see I did already say that.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ah, so you did. My bad.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy