Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scottish Snow

Poster: A snowHead
arv, they make you go to lectures on Good Friday?!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sharkymark wrote:
arv, they make you go to lectures on Good Friday?!

I'm not in on Fridays anyway, was more talking about Thursday. Have 2 classes I really can't afford to miss but I am scared of getting there on Friday to a resounding 'you should have been here yesterday' Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well the earliest I can be skiing there is Friday anyway so you've got a head start on me Going green Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sharkymark, THink I'll give Glencoe or Nevis a try on Friday.

Cheers
Bob
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just seen the pics from Nevis on the 29th of March on Winterhighland.

Okay.... Nevis it is. Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
glasgowcyclops, if you mean those pics of Spikes that will involve a hike out if braveheart isn't running...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kitenski, what is the hike out of Spikes like? (obviously understand the need for avi gear etc etc)

Anyone know of a panoramic photo from the bottom looking up that would take in Spikes/standard back corries routes down to Braveheart..?

Sharkymark, Friday for me now too Sad Forecast for Thurs looks kinda grim anyway.

glasgowcyclops, Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
arv, no idea, never done it! I image it's a hike/traverse around to Braveheart then a walk up to the traverse out....

latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
does nevis look good for easter holidays? or shall i head to glencoe or cairngorms? decisions.....
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for posting that, didn't think to look at the trail map Laughing

Wonder how early you could cut across to minimise the hike. Realistically I think you'd need to travel most of the distance back up to the top of the Braveheart.

Anyone know if the Braveheart is running if there is a requirement for a hike out or if you can just traverse across?

Englishpowder, I wouldn't restrict yourself (if possible), follow the weather and the snow.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
well, been looking at some of the Back Corries terrain and its starting to turn my opinion now! anyone with any god like ability to tell what the snow at either the nevis or Caingorm is going to be like later next week? Laughing
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
arv, I think there is a fecking great ridge in between Spikes and the Braveheart area, you can just about make it out on the pistemap. so you can't cut across early. You'd need to walk diagonally to the traverse marked on the piste map....
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
arv, Good point, are nevis and glencoe looking good for easter? Also ive never been to glencoe but apparently its like an "unpisted playground", true?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Its looking like saturday at Gelncoe or Nevis if the Braveheart is open

But having said that if any of my mates are heading to Cairngorm i might follow them up just can't really be bothered with the 3 hour drive in the morning instead of an hour and a half to Glencoe Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Arv - back corries pano here.

http://www.haggistrap.co.uk/photostrs/easyspikes/popup1.html

Pack skins if the braveheart chair isnt running.
You can ski easy gully in good snow if the chair isnt running (but it requires a huge traverse out and you miss half the run)
snow report
kitenski, Yeh there is, I am just not sure how far it goes down, just at the top of Braveheart you are kind funnelled down under the lift so I can't say I paid too much attention skiers right. I don't have any idea what the terrain is like that direction, hoping for a clear day on Friday.

Englishpowder, I would say yes and yes. Both fun in their own way.
snow report
Haggis_Trap, thanks, that's absolutely perfect. Hope you are on the mend.
snow conditions
 brian
brian
kitenski, 2 ridges, basically the bowl of Coire an Lochain sits in between.

arv, if Braveheart runs no hike required (well maybe a few steps up to the bottom of the chair, but nothing much). If it's not, the minimum traversing height is about 3/4 of the way up the chairlift.
ski holidays
arv wrote:
kitenski, Yeh there is, I am just not sure how far it goes down, just at the top of Braveheart you are kind funnelled down under the lift .

I think that pic by Haggis_Trap puts that idea to bed Wink
ski holidays
kitenski, that it does Laughing I was so hopeful! Are you heading up?

brian, I always end up traversing too early out of the Corries if Braveheart isn't running... just incase Wink
latest report
im heading up from manchester on 9th april for the weekend. Nevis, glencoe or cairngorms, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm???
snow report
I wouldn't restrict yourself (if possible), follow the weather and the snow.
snow conditions
thats what i will do, if there was good snow at all 3 , where would you head, i like blues and reds???
snow conditions
Ricklovesthepowder, exact same position as me! Does anyone know what the cover is like at nevis now? My group will consist off beginners so lower down cover is a must.
snow report
arv wrote:
kitenski, that it does Laughing I was so hopeful! Are you heading up?

Nope, off to Stuben on the 9th.....
ski holidays
think i will be heading to cairngorm if i had to say now, but we will see what mother nature throws up!!
latest report
Just head to Cairngorm if you are unsure, I hear the snow at Nevis and the Coe will probably be rubbish anyway Wink

Plus it is probably better suited to a range of abilities. There or Glenshee. Not sure how they are doing out of this latest snowfall.
snow report
Cairngorms looking likely, do yuu know what the off piste is like there?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Met Office, SEVERE WEATHER WARNINGS IN FORCE - looks like good news!!! http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_warnings.html?day=1
snow report
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
Met Office, SEVERE WEATHER WARNINGS IN FORCE - looks like good news!!! http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_warnings.html?day=1

I like how we are excited at the prospect of heavy snow but yet the news channels fails to join us in our excitement!
ski holidays
i have just turned bbc scotland on and am watching their local news, they had a good coverage of the weather at the start, will see what the local weather says for them, if you have a free view box ( everyone should by now i think) go to the very end of your channel listings and you should be able to tune into the bbc news for which ever part of the country you want.
snow report
IME mwis.org.uk gives the best idea of mountain weather. The BBC always seems to be off the mark.
snow report
yup, mwis is about the best, sometimes it over-estimates the wind speed a tad. SAIS also pretty vital for avvy risk forecast - based on daily snowpack testing. May be an important factor after the storm for anyone heading outside the rope
snow report
Some approach-roads to Cairngorm appear to have been closed Tues?:

http://youtube.com/v/qXBkOwK8hGc
ski holidays
laundryman,
Quote:

People or things in or from Scotland are Scots or Scottish.

Or pissed
ski holidays
Whitegold, the ski road was closed today as far as I know, standard practice when ski operations are on hold.
latest report
T Bar, Laughing Laughing
latest report
 brian
brian
Dumping down here today. Very Happy

snow report
Sweet pic.

Does anyone have a gutfeel for which station has gotten the most snow overnight?
snow report
Loch Morlich webcam :- http://www.winterhighland.info/cams/cairngorm-mountain/morlich.php Fridays forecast is looking good at the moment Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy