Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LES ARCS 2008 / 2009

Poster: A snowHead
rob@rar, I've paid for underground parking at Chantel, will I be stung for an entry/exit ticket as well, even though I am not parking on the road or a resort car park?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sproggski, no, I think there will be some arrangement for authorizing your ticket so you don't have to pay the exit fee.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Many thanks, oh wise one of Charvet! Still might bump into you one day!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
sproggski, just drop me a PM when you're planning on being out there and hopefully we can get together. I'll find out in the next couple of days how the new parking arrangements are working out and will PM you.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Saturday - what a lovely day...pretty much easy to ski in the sun all day long...

Pistes are looking a little packed and indeed icy towards the bottom - a few bits of stones in places as well, bottom of the red down from grand col, where it links with the blue is particularly sticky.. but OTOH bois de l'ours is still soft and fluffy and not very busy... wicked

Most things were open today, including the Aig Rouge cable car and I believe the run the Villaroger, thought I didn't do it myself Grizzly opened for the 1st time this week

Resort is now filling up, not looking forward to not being able to ski straight to the gates tomorrow...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ok bertie - what are you doing on bois de l'ours! you said you were only on blues and reds on your skis Evil or Very Mad
Unless you are mogulling on your snowboard???????
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bertie bassett, Sorry I think you are mad. I had another good look at that black today under the lift and there are loads of bare patches and rocks showing where the wind took off the top fresh snow last week. Intersport would kill me if I trashed there skis on that run. (If you are hiring skis they are giving up to 30% discount if you book on the internet on some packages at the moment). My advice to everyone is still to not go there. If you must be very careful and go very slowly. There is hardly any covering even in the gulley. There are much better places to go right now. Toofy Grin

So far nobody has told me where I took the last photo, very disappointed. Thought some of you would be able to work it out. Have a look for clues or have I really foxed you all.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sat 20-12-08 21:16; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sproggski, I was in the tourist office today and many people were asking the same question as you. It seems that you get a special card to get out without paying. I am very interested to hear how this all works out on the mountain. When are you coming out?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What a wonderful day. Blue sky, great snow everywhere and not much wind. Very Happy

Everything was open and you could get all the way down to villaroger. met up with some fellow snowheads today and we cruised down to Villaroger and back to see how long the trip takes (at a not to rapid pace). No queues anywhere on the Les Arcs side. Will be interested to see what they say about the La Plagne side later. The snow up the top was good and if you keep off the main track still really fresh. The Grand Col was great but it seemed at times like everyone wanted to go there. Going down to Peisey and Vallandry where the canons are was fun as you can really carve on the well prepared pistes. Going the other way to Arc 1800 and then 1600 was firm and nothing coming through so you could really let rip. The pistes over 1600 were still very empty today but judging by the number of cars around at the end of the day and the people going up on the funic, it is going to get really busy now.

Lot's of the off piste has now been done. there are starting to get tracks in some of the 'crazy' places. Fun if you have the nerves for it. As always the back valley in the park was very popular today and I met quite a few people coming out saying the snow was great and not yet to tracked. You do need to take a guide if you fancy that trip but it is worth the money.

Still as long as it stays cold, there is a great base for the holidays and anyone coming out should have a great time. Smile Enjoy Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowcrazy, OFGS, no chance, not a clue, even if we were there yesterday! rolling eyes wink

On another note, from boredsurfing's and my little jaunt to see you from across the clothes line, looking back

snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowcrazy wrote:
bertie bassett, Sorry I think you are mad. I had another good look at that black today under the lift and there are loads of bare patches and rocks showing where the wind took off the top fresh snow last week. Intersport would kill me if I trashed there skis on that run. (If you are hiring skis they are giving up to 30% discount if you book on the internet on some packages at the moment). My advice to everyone is still to not go there. If you must be very careful and go very slowly. There is hardly any covering even in the gulley. There are much better places to go right now. Toofy Grin

So far nobody has told me where I took the last photo, very disappointed. Thought some of you would be able to work it out. Have a look for clues or have I really foxed you all.

I promise you it was fine when I went down it on Saturday, lots of nice fluffy lumps and yes jayne durham I was on my board - there's no way I could get down that on skis, apart from on my back bottom.

Snowcrazy That photo's not hard, it's the top of the arpette lift, and run - you can just see clair blanc diving of to the right
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
come on snow gods, do you best. We want a foot of snow in BSM!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
surfstar, That prayer has been answered unfortunately for LA it blew away on the exposed slopes Confused
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bertie bassett, Well done, you are the only one here to get it. Shame on the rest of you. Ah! if you were on your board that explains it Toofy Grin A few rocks and grassy bits never stop me going down anything when out boarding. Saw it again today and still would not do it on my skis. Although it looks like many have rolling eyes

Today we skied most of Les Arcs area. The on piste skiing was very good and the pistes are in great condition. Firm but not too icy in most places with a good base. Not even a lift queue all day. Found some good jumps at the side of the pistes to keep the kids happy and had time to play in the snow park before a final drink at the Altiport. All in all another great day.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sunday, my first full day of the season, and what a day! Started in Peisey and worked over to Comborciere above 1600 taking in Ecureulls and Bosses which are both very easy at the moment . Above 1600 it was deserted, in fact everywhere was pretty quiet.
Deux-Tetes was closed as was the Refuge (black off the Grand Col) but I was told the Refuge was closed only because there was a 5 foot drop halfway on the lower part. There is. Rouelles is supposed to be open, but half way down, either I 'lost it' or it's an unpisted mess, not sure which.

Over to La Plagne this morning, first time over there.

Allan.

Couple of pics just to show how quiet it is.

ski holidays
Great shots, im sure by the 27th it will be full of tourists including myself!
snow conditions
Back in Les Arcs, and what a glorious day. Perfect weather and excellent on-piste snow conditions. Skied in the morning with Steve & Jayne Durham and met up with snowcrazy and his bunch of intrepid SCGB off-pisters for an end of the day drink at at the Altiport. In between times I reminded myself how bad a bumps skier I am, marveled at the insanity of the parapent guys leaping off the Arpette ridge and found one or two pitches of fluffy snow in an otherwise thin & tracked-out off-piste. More terrific weather is forecast, although a bit more fresh would be nice for the off-piste. Some photos from the day:

More photos and stuff on my blog.
snow report
allanm, rob@rar, Thanks for the good reports and photos, wetting my appetite for my first trip to Les arcs. Keep them coming! Very Happy
latest report
Never mind Rob - stick with me and I'll teach you to ski bumps Laughing mmmm We came back to 1600 via Rouelles and the snow was lovely.. then a gentle cruise past the weird pointy chalets.
What a lovely day. Hope lots of you are coming out soon - you'll have a great time. snowHead
latest report
Great pictures, keep them coming Very Happy

snowHead
snow conditions
Gorgeous photos!
snow conditions
Any new snow on its way? Just tried the snowchains on the motorhome and they are to big! Great shots Rob once again
ski holidays
surfstar wrote:
Any new snow on its way? J

Not for the next few days at least.
snow report
Always my luck, ive skied and boarded for 5 years and never actually seen snow fall from the sky abroad. I dream of waking up to a fresh dump (so to speak wink )
ski holidays
The only word that can be used to describe todays conditions is 'spring-like' - to say it was mild was an understatement. Skiing in just a thin fleece under a jacket, and just pants & boxers, no thermal leggings. Not out for long myself as my knee was sore after yesterdays la plagne excursion. Pistes were softening come around 10am, but still compressed in places. Starting to see some bumps being ground into Gd. Renard by the skiers and some moguls forming on le lac.

I guess we need snow in a day or two otherwise will be sketchy for NYE week. - Beatrice in sport 2000 suggested thur/friday might be a bit of a change..
snow conditions
I have mates over in Arc 1950 at present. On Saturday morning I texted them: Will be cloudy when you get there. Should clear by late Sunday. Mon, Tue & Wed will be clear & bright and getting warm over midday. Then growing colder later into week and the slightest chance of a bit of snow on Fri...

Looks pretty close so far! snowHead
ski holidays
Another lovely day in Les Arcs, calm with mild temperatures and blue ski. Still fairly quiet around the resort, with hardly any lift queues and mostly quiet pistes. Pistes are a bit crisp first thing, but soften slightly as the day goes on. Local forecast says this will continue for a few days, with maybe a change of weather around the weekend. New snow would be welcome as off-piste is very thin and mostly tracked out. On piste conditions remain good.

More photos and stuff on my blog.
ski holidays
Great reports guys, do not think I need to add much except the team made it down the North Face of Bellecote today. They reported mixed conditions but still some good untracked snow in sheltered areas. Snow depth ment know problem from top to bottom with rocks although care was needed. A great day was had by all, but one person did get rather wet, but that is another story. Hope we get some new snow soon to freshen things up. The pistes are still good although some are starting to have little stones on the surface. Most likely dragged up by the piste basher.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well today was another gorgeous day. Les Arcs radio was talking of 10 degrees at 1000m, 7 degrees at 2000m. Certainly felt like it with just a thermal and a unzipped soft-shell being the order of the day. Stopped for lunch back home and had lunch on the balcony in a t-shirt and boardies!

Not a bad view either.

snow conditions
Another lovely day, almost getting quite tiresome! I love Christmas in the mountains, and today's Christmas Eve was no exception. Some photos from around the place, with more on my blog.

latest report
great shots rob@rar, cant wait to get to montalbert this weekend and weather like that should be perfect for 10 month old Ffion's first time on snow Very Happy
snow conditions
With temperatures like that BSM will be like the costas! Has all snow now melted at BSM guys?
ski holidays
surfstar wrote:
With temperatures like that BSM will be like the costas! Has all snow now melted at BSM guys?

There was snow on the ground there yesterday when I went down to do a bit of shopping.
ski holidays
rob@rar, Thanks for the glimmer of hope that I may have snow on the campsite!
latest report
surfstar, the campsite is on the shady side of the valley, which also acts a bit like a frost trap, so snow can stay around for some time after it has fallen. Plenty of snow on the pistes, so no worries about skiing.
snow report
rob@rar, true and thats what im there for. Would be nice to have some on camp, fingers crossed for the weekdend!
snow report
rob@rar, Thanks for photos. Have a good Xmas day. Only 10 days till we see the apartment Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Mmm, Santa seems to have delivered cloud this morning. It's a bit colder than it has been for the last few mornings, and it looks a bit windier too. Not much sign of any significant snow in the forecast.
snow report
rob@rar, Morning and Happy Xmas. Santa has arrived here but just to make sure I had my first tap on the shoulder @ 3.30am Evil or Very Mad . Nothing much snow wise forecast in the next few days, chance of something decent around 30/31st but to far away to call. Have a good day.
snow conditions
Yay, Santa also seems to have brought snow, but I can't have been a very good boy this year because it's only teeny, weeny little flakes Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy