Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Carv digital ski coach thoughts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
djf wrote:
My wife had hers running on a lesson with insideout this week and it was interesting to look at the data in conjunction with the lesson.
It was interesting to see the data from Mrs djf's Carv setup and I thought it reassuring that the data was in line with what I was seeing (and that Mrs djf scored a satisfyingly high 93%, right in the middle of the range for pro skiers, on one of the metrics we were working on).

I think it's an interesting device, and I take the view that all information (providing it is accurate) is useful. Of course, the most important point is what you do with that information, and I retain a concern that focusing on a necessarily limited set of outcome measures might not always be helpful in making sensible changes to the skier's inputs. Will there be a focus on addressing the symptoms rather than treating the cause of any problems which are apparent...?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rob@rar wrote:
djf wrote:
My wife had hers running on a lesson with insideout this week and it was interesting to look at the data in conjunction with the lesson.
It was interesting to see the data from Mrs djf's Carv setup and I thought it reassuring that the data was in line with what I was seeing (and that Mrs djf scored a satisfyingly high 93%, right in the middle of the range for pro skiers, on one of the metrics we were working on).

I think it's an interesting device, and I take the view that all information (providing it is accurate) is useful. Of course, the most important point is what you do with that information, and I retain a concern that focusing on a necessarily limited set of outcome measures might not always be helpful in making sensible changes to the skier's inputs. Will there be a focus on addressing the symptoms rather than treating the cause of any problems which are apparent...?

That's a huge positive that the device is backing up what you were seeing. I completely agree about your point about what you do with the information, and that's my only concern. I've got a high amount of confidence that it'll pick up what I'm doing wrong, but how good will it be in instructing me what I need to do to change that. The beauty of instruction is that you can have that conversation to make sure you're clear on what you need to do (' so more this?', 'less that?; 'is this right?', 'have no idea what you mean!') - I always like to replay what I've been told, to check I understand, and I suspect that Carv won't be very chatty if I try that with her Laughing

Also, I'm aware that if I decide not to continue with the yearly subscription, then I'll only be left with the monitoring/ski iq functions, and none of the coaching drills, so this point could be really key.

The good news is that the makers have been very clear that they are not looking to replace instruction, so I guess they must have that in mind.

djf let us know how you get on when you try it indoors. I'm hoping mine arrive soon so can give it a go at Hemel at some point. Hopefully between us all we can get a good understanding what it's capable of doing indoors, and what drills\tools aren't available.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy