Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Covid paperwork - Geneva flight for French resort

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Getting booked up for a trip this season and just trying to get my head around current Covid rules.

Planning to fly into Geneva to then travel onwards to a french resort - does that mean we need to fill in a swiss passenger locator form and/or a french one? Puzzled

Appreciate any help.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
From what I understand we have to fill out a Swiss passenger locator form (https://swissplf.admin.ch/formular) ticking the "Transit Only" box then also complete the French arrival form (https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/content/download/128926/1028128/file/04-08-2021-engagement-sur-l-honneur-orange-version-anglaise.docx) the latter being a paper form which in all likelihood won't be checked.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Planning the same this December too. I've got two teenage daughters who won't have both vaccinations of course. I noticed that they don't need negative test proof to fly to Switzerland (with us vaccinated as parents) but they would do if they flew directly to France.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Watching
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Planning the same - booked for New Year. I hadn’t thought about the detail yet (naively had hoped it would be a different picture when I booked months and months ago)
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thinks can change repidly in either ways (remember last december). Crossing 2 borders with 2 sets of rules, both ways could be difficult. Why not flying directly to France like Lyon or Chambery ?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes, but in practice you’re never going to be asked for the French one. We were stopped at the border going CH to F in a hire car by the French douanes and they just wanted to know if we had large amounts of cash or fags in the car.

But it may well change by then anyway.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've just been to France via GVA and only did the swiss one. didn't realise I needed to do a French one too. In practice I didn't
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
andy from embsay wrote:
Yes, but in practice you’re never going to be asked for the French one.

We ski last year in december in Switzerland and driving back home, at the french border, we were asked about paperwork regarding Covid even with our french passport....
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@thierryd, yes, but that was because the lifts in France were shut, there was a curfew and you weren’t supposed to be crossing the border to ski - things are different now.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
andy from embsay wrote:
@thierryd, yes, but that was because the lifts in France were shut, there was a curfew and you weren’t supposed to be crossing the border to ski - things are different now.

Thinks could be different also in 2 months from now.... This is why I recommand not to cross to many borders at the same time...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hence I posted “But it may well change by then”. I don’t think there’s any point trying to plan covid paperwork three months out. But comparing it with last December is even more pointless.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
andy from embsay wrote:
Hence I posted “But it may well change by then”. I don’t think there’s any point trying to plan covid paperwork three months out. But comparing it with last December is even more pointless.

Pointless just like all plans we all made last year at the same period.... let's cross fingers this will not occur this season and let's minimize risks of problems like border control
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Crossed from Geneve to France in the last few days - asked for Swiss PLF and proof of vaccination at EJ check in. Swiss border control only asked for vaccination proof and passports. Our sons’s Covid test wasn’t asked for. Didn’t think to complete French PLFs but no check at the border Eh oh! .
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I commute a couple of times a month between France and the UK via Geneva. I have never been asked for the Swiss form and didn’t even know the French form existed. It’s all very easy. If you don’t have an EU passport expect long queues at Geneva immigration though.
snow report
Quote:

Thinks can change repidly in either ways (remember last december). Crossing 2 borders with 2 sets of rules, both ways could be difficult. Why not flying directly to France like Lyon or Chambery ?

We're going to Avoriaz (Morzine), so significantly closer to Geneva than the 2 airports you mention.
ski holidays
Thanks for all your replies - all very valid points. I agree to an extent with everyone saying unlikely to be asked for french PLF, as we have never been stopped in transfer minibus crossing the CH/FR border in the last 5 years we've been going.

However, for the sake of just filling in an online form and having a PLF in my travel document 'just incase' i think that's the best way to go.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy