Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Northern Powderhouse: Allenheads, Raise, Weardale and Yad Moss. 2021- 2022

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Time for this years new thread!
Last year was frustrating to say the least. With the lockdown operational from early January we missed a classic easterly winter and what would have been quite a few days of superb skiing in the local hills.

All the clubs cooperate with each other and in previous years have offered reciprocal discounts on day tickets to season ticket holders. Here are the links:

Yad Moss Ski Club, North Pennines
http://yadmoss.co.uk/
Allenheads Ski Club, North Pennines http://ski-allenheads.co.uk/
Lake District Ski Club, Helvellyn Massif http://www.ldscsnowski.co.uk/
Weardale Ski Club, North Pennines http://www.skiweardale.com/  
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
And season tickets have now gone on sale at Yad Moss for £55 (£40 for returning season ticket holders Cool ).
A junior season ticket (under 18yrs) is only £10!

http://web108.extendcp.co.uk/yadmoss.co.uk/join-us/

And here is a link to the Club’s Autumn newsletter which tells the frustrating story of last year:

http://web108.extendcp.co.uk/yadmoss.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Newsletter-2021.pdf

Let’s hope for a bit more normality in terms of travel this year but with the same amount (or even more) snow than last year snowHead

Ps. Weardale renewals also going out today.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 1-09-21 17:07; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well said Peter, if there are any travel impediments for Europe let's hope we can at least get some good days of domestic skiing. In Braemar a month ago I asked numerous locals about the snow conditions in Feb and it does sound fantastic! One or two did stress that there was no up lift available......even better! But that's another thread.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just renewed my Weardale membership. Got my first couple of days of English skiing last season. I hope to be back to the Alps and the Rockies in the coming season but I will certainly be looking for any opportunity to get back up on the Pennines - it was great fun.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Great newsletter Peter!

The Lake District Ski Club is not offering new memberships until the end of the month. Even then it will be at best, only a limited number once existing members have had the chance to renew. (At the last count, as a result of the Europe-wide near-moratorium on lift-assisted skiing, our waiting list stood at 370! Sad )

However, we do hope to open up more often to guests. Unfortunately this is not likely to occur on sunny Sundays due to car parking and uplift limitations. Much will also depend on how accessible skiing in mainland Europe proves to be.

New for next season will be Stu’s back-to-the-future patent semi-portable rope tow, which is powered by an electric motor inside the tow hut. The haul and downtrack ropes pass through an ‘ole in the wall down to a moveable bottom wheel around 180m away and some 40m lower. That should give us more than 500m in total tow length and (with a mid-station shuffle at the tow hut) a dizzying vertical of nearly 150m! Cool More importantly, when the snow is good, it will give easy access to the lovely drifts which build up to the west out towards Sticks Pass. (The arrow marks the bottom of the new tow...)

The search is currently on for a good supply of cheap car/airline safety belts with quick-release buckles while we experiment with hook sizes and designs...

free image hosting
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Sweeny!

The portable will make a big difference at Raise. Great that Stu and the team are sorting that out. It enables you to ski right down to Sticks Pass and then do a fun traverse back east to the bottom of the rope. Hope you get the snow to use it this year.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The best thread on snowheads a long with the Scottish and Welsh ones continues as those majestic peaks turn to brown and soon the white, white frost of autumn will bless us. These truly British hills will be the last to fall and I can assure you of that.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Long range forecasts are predicting 6ft at Yad Moss in December.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
6 feet is too much Laughing I’d settle for 6 inches or 15cms in modern speak snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:
I’d settle for 6 inches or 15cms in modern speak
I'm sure you would matron!! Embarassed
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:
We do hope to open up more often to guests. Unfortunately this is not likely to occur on sunny Sundays due to car parking
Non-members and lapsed members like me should be asked to park at the Thirlmere side of the ascent to the skiing.

Anyway, I find it preferable to the relentless tarmac slog from Glenridding. At least from there it feels like you are actually en-route up the fells almost immediately - a psychological bonus wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Weardale members (like me wink ) have been contacted to advise that membership renewals are now due - £10 discount (£38 ) if paid by 30.9.21.

Winter's on its way Very Happy Let's just hope for lots of snow and no restrictions on accessing it...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy