Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region pt. 2

 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Chris Brookes wrote:
Why did Wengen tourism not help and support Steve in this venture, how silly !!


I'm speculating now, but maybe it was the NIH (Not Invented Here) syndrome - i.e Steve came up with the idea and maybe the Tourist Office were a bit peeved that an 'outsider' (well Steve works and lives in Wengen and has done for years, but he is British Wink ) was the driving force behind it.....
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
yes.....NIH syndrome
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Innerwengen chairlift is running Friday-Sunday up to Allmend. There's a new attraction from Allmend - the Mystery trail. It’s driven by your phone, and you solve puzzles on the way back down to Innerwengen to reveal the location of a treasure chest. We did it today and it was good fun.



snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Inferno triathlon today. 3km swim, 97km road bike, 30km MTB (Grindelwald to Stechelberg via Kleine Scheidegg and Wengen), then from Stechelberg, a 25km run up to Piz Gloria at 2970 metres. The winner completed the course in 8 hours 47 minutes.

snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Feels very autumnal here in France which makes me think of skiing...lol
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@telford_mike, that inferno triathlon looks awesome, I might drop a load of weight, and get fit just to take part in that!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have been looking at flights from Heathrow to Geneva next year and expected them to be much higher...great result !
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
New restaurant for Brandegg being constructed, things continue to change at pace throughout the area
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Let's hope new Brandegg continues to offer apple fritters!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Rogerdodger wrote:
Let's hope new Brandegg continues to offer apple fritters!


Agreed, but given their popularity I would assume that is not in doubt! Smile
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Covid certificate is mandatory for entrance to bars and restaurants, until January 2022.

https://www.covidpasscertificate.com/swiss-covid-passport/
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chris Brookes wrote:
Covid certificate is mandatory for entrance to bars and restaurants, until January 2022.

https://www.covidpasscertificate.com/swiss-covid-passport/


The implementation of this varies according to where you go. The letter of the law says you must have a valid Swiss certificate. At the moment there's no way that non-EU tourists can get one, other than by getting tested every 2 days. However, some hotels & bars are taking a more pragmatic approach, and will accept a certificate from non-EU countries. As usual in Switzerland, commercial interests trump the law.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
telford_mike wrote:
Chris Brookes wrote:
Covid certificate is mandatory for entrance to bars and restaurants, until January 2022.

https://www.covidpasscertificate.com/swiss-covid-passport/


The implementation of this varies according to where you go. The letter of the law says you must have a valid Swiss certificate. At the moment there's no way that non-EU tourists can get one, other than by getting tested every 2 days. However, some hotels & bars are taking a more pragmatic approach, and will accept a certificate from non-EU countries. As usual in Switzerland, commercial interests trump the law.


Does the swiss app not read the NHS QR code then?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chris Brookes wrote:
telford_mike wrote:
Chris Brookes wrote:
Covid certificate is mandatory for entrance to bars and restaurants, until January 2022.

https://www.covidpasscertificate.com/swiss-covid-passport/


The implementation of this varies according to where you go. The letter of the law says you must have a valid Swiss certificate. At the moment there's no way that non-EU tourists can get one, other than by getting tested every 2 days. However, some hotels & bars are taking a more pragmatic approach, and will accept a certificate from non-EU countries. As usual in Switzerland, commercial interests trump the law.


Does the swiss app not read the NHS QR code then?


Unfortunately no. It returns a message 'Invalid Signature'. The French app will happily import a U.K. QR Code, but once again the code checker app that the Swiss bars, restaurants and hotels use will always reject it.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
telford_mike wrote:
Chris Brookes wrote:
telford_mike wrote:
Chris Brookes wrote:
Covid certificate is mandatory for entrance to bars and restaurants, until January 2022.

https://www.covidpasscertificate.com/swiss-covid-passport/


The implementation of this varies according to where you go. The letter of the law says you must have a valid Swiss certificate. At the moment there's no way that non-EU tourists can get one, other than by getting tested every 2 days. However, some hotels & bars are taking a more pragmatic approach, and will accept a certificate from non-EU countries. As usual in Switzerland, commercial interests trump the law.


Does the swiss app not read the NHS QR code then?


Unfortunately no. It returns a message 'Invalid Signature'. The French app will happily import a U.K. QR Code, but once again the code checker app that the Swiss bars, restaurants and hotels use will always reject it.


As I posted recently in this thread https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=156228&start=40#4822385 it looks like this will be sorted in a few days. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Alastair Pink wrote:


As I posted recently in this thread https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=156228&start=40#4822385 it looks like this will be sorted in a few days. Madeye-Smiley


I really don’t think this will happen, but I'd be very happy to be proved wrong. The U.K. have decided not to implement vaccine 'passports', so I can’t see why they'd chuck money at this.

Meanwhile, here in CH, we are working in collaboration with our local doctors surgery on a cunning plan to get a genuine vax certificate for folk with 2 x U.K AstraZenica. Phase 1 starts tomorrow, should take 3 days or so, full report to follow.

This evening in Rocks, I was sat next to a German guy who had 2 x AstraZenica, and his vaccine certificate was fine. I have had exactly the same vaccines, but not a chance of the U.K. QR codes being accepted.

To reiterate, I really hope Alastair is right.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
New travel regulations to be announced officially today.
I just want to get to Wengen for Christmas with no hassle!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I’m also following this thread with interest as I will be in Lauterbrunnen in January and don’t really fancy camping.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If I interpret this correctly, the COVID Pass in the NHS app will be accepted from 20 September https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/switzerland/entry-requirements#entry-rules-in-response-to-coronavirus-covid-19 with the proviso that everything can change in a moment.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.


Great news.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Superb news
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ski pass prices out now.

https://cdn.jungfrau.ch/Prospekte_und_Broschueren/Price_list_Jungfrau_Ski_Region.pdf
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
telford_mike wrote:
Ski pass prices out now.

https://cdn.jungfrau.ch/Prospekte_und_Broschueren/Price_list_Jungfrau_Ski_Region.pdf


Thanks for the heads-up. Sadly it looks like the usual Earlybird discounted skipass will not be offered this season: https://www.jungfrau.ch/en-gb/jungfrau-ski-region/buy-skipass/
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Alastair Pink wrote:
telford_mike wrote:
Ski pass prices out now.

https://cdn.jungfrau.ch/Prospekte_und_Broschueren/Price_list_Jungfrau_Ski_Region.pdf


Thanks for the heads-up. Sadly it looks like the usual Earlybird discounted skipass will not be offered this season: https://www.jungfrau.ch/en-gb/jungfrau-ski-region/buy-skipass/


That is a shame, you would think they would be trying to encourage people back onto the slopes
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Alastair Pink, you were right, Bern have sorted everything out so we Brits who got the AZ jab (or any other) can have a Swiss Covid certificate. Get yours here if you’re coming to a resort in Canton Bern.

https://www.gsi.be.ch/de/start/themen/coronavirus/zertifikat/antrag-fuer-personen-mit-impfung-oder-erkrankung-im-ausland/zertifikat-nach-impfung-im-ausland.html

I have applied for mine, and I'll report back on processing time. For those coming here on holiday, it’s worth noting that you can apply before you travel. You need a copy of your passport, a copy of your U.K. vaccination certificate, and proof that you are staying in the canton e.g. rental contract or confirmation from a hotel.

It snowed down to about 2000 metres yesterday Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Snowed down to 1800m last night
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@telford_mike, That is so helpful but I wish it was in English!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skilegs wrote:
@telford_mike, That is so helpful but I wish it was in English!


If you are using an iPhone or iPad, Safari will translate it for you.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Männlichen beginning to look quite autumnal now. Plenty of people still around, and the Swiss kids start their school holidays tomorrow.



Seems strange to think we (might) be skiing in a couple of months time.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mürren News
The Federal Office of Transport (FOT) has given the 90 million franc project planning permission, as it announced on Thursday 23rd.
Construction work expected to start next spring. It will take three to four years to complete.
https://www.jungfrauzeitung.ch/artikel/193700/?fbclid=IwAR0KhX3PFYr0Hv1cUv90_D7rkiK9M9fF2GDRsFJfB5Jm3PIAo0dSliQvq0M
latest report
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Chris Brookes wrote:
Mürren News
The Federal Office of Transport (FOT) has given the 90 million franc project planning permission, as it announced on Thursday 23rd.
Construction work expected to start next spring. It will take three to four years to complete.
https://www.jungfrauzeitung.ch/artikel/193700/?fbclid=IwAR0KhX3PFYr0Hv1cUv90_D7rkiK9M9fF2GDRsFJfB5Jm3PIAo0dSliQvq0M


Not sure this is good news, the end result will be more crowded pistes as the projected lifts do not open any new pistes ..The intention is to fill the top station with Asian tourists and increase revenue

The same has happened in Wengen/Grindelwald with the V Bahn and in Zermatt with all the new lifts to the Kleine Matterhorn. The environment and nature is taking a serious hammering and its not sustainable.

It seems the policy makers in Switzerland are chasing numbers and nothing else
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The cows came down from the high pastures today.



As usual, a big turnout to watch, and my ears are still ringing.
ski holidays



Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy