Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Refunds and cancellations - who have been the good guys?

Poster: A snowHead
@ansta1, ah, thanks for that.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Alastair Pink, I had the same timescale for my flights. It was exactly 30 days, as promised for the refund to be processed. My money arrived a little quicker.

Easyjet must take us for mugs if they think we don't know its an automatic process designed to keep the brass for as long as possible.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pejoli wrote:
Checked my emails - They came back 13 days after the claim was issued (they asked for the 14 day extension, but didn’t use it). They then paid up 21 days after that.

I also covered myself by emailing them a letter of action seven days before I made the claim (google ‘letter of action’ to find a few examples you can adapt)

Hi Pejoli I followed your advice and today was refunded by Mark Warner. Just goes to show if you dig your heels in deep enough, you can beat the bullies - also extremely grateful to a reporter from Travel Weekly who also picked up on my case.
Thank you for sharing your advice.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Artois wrote:
Pejoli wrote:
Checked my emails - They came back 13 days after the claim was issued (they asked for the 14 day extension, but didn’t use it). They then paid up 21 days after that.

I also covered myself by emailing them a letter of action seven days before I made the claim (google ‘letter of action’ to find a few examples you can adapt)

Hi Pejoli I followed your advice and today was refunded by Mark Warner. Just goes to show if you dig your heels in deep enough, you can beat the bullies - also extremely grateful to a reporter from Travel Weekly who also picked up on my case.
Thank you for sharing your advice.

That's great news - glad it's worked out!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Though this is not about refunds times past, it is about a current policy. I had to clarify a couple of points with BA today about a future booking and had this explained to me.

On all bookings currently made they offer a voucher for the amount paid for any cancellation you may need to make in relation to Covid19 rules/restrictions. They will refund in full if they cancel the flight, but if the flight runs but you can`t take it due to country/travel restrictions etc you can re-book with out incurring any additional costs (ie no re-booking fee) other than any price difference in the fare, or you can have a voucher for the full amount which can be used to pay for another flight (or BA holiday) on any route for any or all of those persons on the original booking.

I just thought that might be useful information. Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Booked a non-refundable ticket with Eurotunnel last summer to travel to France in September (which was allowed at the time). Have now moved the ticket three times to Dec, then March, and it is now on its latest travel date of 24th June. However, I was advised to call them nearer the time if I was still unable to travel and they would look at it again.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Hells Bells, I'm same, they said if I don't use it by 4th June i'll lose it, you think it'll be possible to move again?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Markymark29, lady on the phone said to call them closer to the expiry of the ticket and they would see what they could do for me. It was only one-way so if I lose it it won't be the end of the world, but every little helps.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Hells Bells, thanks: good to know - I've still got one 'running' that needs to be moved again if I can, and who knows if/when we'll be able to take advantage.

As you say, not the end of the world if we lose it, not a hill I'm going to die on. And frankly, at the moment they probably need it more than we do...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Hells Bells, thanks for that info - we've got a return ticket expiring in July having rolled it twice from last Easter but looking like we might need to roll it to Christmas now.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Hells Bells, we had tickets for last Easter which we then moved to New Year. When it became clear in November that we wouldn't be going anywhere, I called and was given a voucher that I have to make a booking with within 12 months, but it will then have the normal conditions of being able to move for a further year.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Got our deposit of approx 3.5k refunded within two days of asking for a group of 16 guys going to val thorens in March from Tony at ski4less (Wales)

We changed the booking a lot of times and he was very flexible and very quick to reply.

Will definitely be booking with him next year.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Locasun - when our Les Arcs booking couldn't be completed then straight refund agreed + cleared back to my A/C next day. Fantastic service and approach (only needed a screenshot of current FCO advice to support). Also shout out to Eurotunnel for giving us additional grace on credit note from last winter - agreed really swiftly too.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Campanile happily rolled forward our hotel booking in Reims to next year. The owner of our apartment in Zermatt managed to let out our cancelled week and has rolled forward our deposit to 2022. We have stayed there quite a few times so I don't know how typical that is.
I put a claim in to my insurers (Insureandgo) on Saturday for a Eurotunnel crossing (£184). They have paid up today (Monday), less £50 excess.
All in all, no complaints and only £50 down. But of course I'd rather have spent all the money and been out there right now - the snow is looking wonderful!
Will have to make do sitting in front of the tv watching my son's GoPro videos....
My son hasn't yet had his Easyjet refund for a £29 single flight to GVA though.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
A little bonus today from Air France. We had some November flights to Buenos Aires refunded last year. They had been re-scheduled and this had provided us with an "out" as travel was looking unlikely anyway. (Argentina had closed the Borders). However they declined to refund extra charges for seat upgrades quoting something obscure that I can't remember.

Thankfully our agent had suggested trying again when the dust had settled a bit. Resubmitted last week. Charges refunded to our CC today. Cool
snow report
Thumbs up for Tesco Clubcard. Exchanged vouchers for Eurotunnel voucher last February, intending to use it in late March which obviously didn't happen. They extended expiry last April to 12 months from the usual 6 months, but that was due to run out this week. One message and they're refunding the points. Thought they might try to fall back on T & C, or say I could have used it over the summer, but no problem.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy