Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Portes du Soleil - Avoriaz/Morzine/Les Gets/Chatel/Swiss Side etc - 20/21

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Still snowing at 1200m tonight, went up MC about 2/3 of the way at lunch today. Snow a little heavier than last few weeks but still great fun

http://youtube.com/v/Q665S5jQjxw
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Great tune Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Completely random choice Cool
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ESF have cottoned on now:
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Some heavy roof tops out there and tricky viz

Probably light sleet fell in the village but here at 1300m I reckon 40cm has fallen so far (driveway estimate)
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Looking great Sad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@DJL, yep shame there are so few here to share with.

Met Chris who runs the Bar Bush and had a chat about local business, he was upbeat about a feb opening and says they are surviving on the government subsidies. A few places are doing take-away with music on the terrace, but now you have to actually stand on the snow / road to consume beverages.

Not as fun as it should be
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have to say the conditions last weekend made me forget about the general situation: snow, sun, mulled wine... I can see how sleet, wind, heavy snow would make one feel miserable.

Hopefully tomorrow's dump will give way to another sunny weekend. Keen to do the Mont Caly rando with the kids!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@patrick!, miserable would be no skiing at all......but yeah despite the big snowfall last weekends conditions were better than today, while yesterday was very nice too. All change.
Looks like Friday afternoon / early Sat will be very good again.

That Mont Chery face is steep in my view....it's just relentless incline. Weird ratio for me is that if the conditions are good then I'll go max speed down something that took ages to climb up. Suppose it depends on a lot of factors, brought into sharper focus by not having lifts.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Steep Mt Chery from Mt Caly? It's a nice hike without the snow, I was hoping to get the kids snowshoeing up while I carry their planks and boots. No way I can get them to climb the SW and then S face from the village - plus the little one would be unable to ski down.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@patrick!, not as steep approaching from mont caly side, but the problem there is the car park is another popular starting spot on weekends, so the route up to the forest section was very tracked out. I found the best (untracked) snow was below the carpark.

Still snowing heavily at 1200m, heard a lot of blasting yesterday from Nyon / Chamossiere side
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Level 4 tomorrow

https://meteofrance.com/meteo-montagne/alpes-du-nord/enneigement

Google translate

"Since Tuesday afternoon, snow has fallen in abundance. The instability of the snowpack is generalized.

Accidental trips: The preventive trips made this Friday were systematically positive. These are powdery-looking patches, present in all directions, with breaks of at least 40/50 cm (last snowfall), then washing away all the recent snow layer laid on the loose grains formed by the cold of early January. Even low-lying embankments start easily. The cracks spread very far as skiers pass. It should also be noted that below the altitude ridges, the wind has formed very large accumulations.

Spontaneous avalanches: With the return of the sun on Saturday morning, purges will spontaneously occur on the very steep slopes, near the rocks. Given the large quantities of snow that can be mobilized, a punctual departure could be the cause of a large avalanche. This risk decreases very markedly in the afternoon."
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We'll stick to the piste, or a path following a ridge... no appetite (as in: "no aptitude" tbh) for deep, untracked snow anyway Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Best day of the season. Video on usual channel. We took it easy in the bowl.

Typical busy weekend, everyone out enjoying the sun.

Started snowing again, could see 15cm tomorrow
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Another good day....much quieter, our tracks almost covered in from yesterday.

Took the bus for the first time ever up to Chavannes 1500m, makes sense to not leave a car there and just ski down from Nauchets to the village after a little hike.
Was surprised to see this sign inside, saying the area is closed for skiing etc.....yet they are ferrying 50 people up every 15-20mins....all day, hundreds and hundreds of people doing exactly what the sign says is not allowed Puzzled

ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy