Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

North America West Coast Resorts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are gazing enviously from 6000 miles away.

Fair play to you lads over there - but skiing (& anything resembling normality) seems a lot more than 6000 miles away from us at the moment rolling eyes .

Skiing in Scotland is only 4.5 hours away - but not allowed, so may as well be 6000 miles distant.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bergmeister wrote:
We are gazing enviously from 6000 miles away.

Fair play to you lads over there - but skiing (& anything resembling normality) seems a lot more than 6000 miles away from us at the moment rolling eyes .

Skiing in Scotland is only 4.5 hours away - but not allowed, so may as well be 6000 miles distant.

That's a major bummer! The marketing director at Mt Bachelor apparently was lecturing the clientele waiting to load up this morning as not being properly distanced. She should have a discussion with mtn. ops, since they are the ones setting up the skier pen each morning, and not setting the spacing properly for the 6' distancing. She was also shouting without her mask on. Heard this while riding the lift with a volunteer ski patroller.

There are a lot of people who traveled from out of town to ski in Central Oregon. Lots of Washington and California plates in the parking lot this past week.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Toadman, good to hear Mt B is clamping down....don't want idiots getting the place shut. Crystal has adopted a more aggressive posture as time has gone on, and I also think more folks are figuring it out. That said, sugar works better than salt; I rode a chair with a random kid who took his mask off once we were out of the base and I asked him in a (rare for me) nice way to mask up and we ended up having a great chat.

And @Bergmeister, all this pandemic stuff has sure reminded me how lucky we are here in Seattle to have good skiing 60 minutes away; excellent skiing 90 minutes away; and Whistler is just 4 hours (when the border's open). Next Monday I'll take a run for you, and if the forecast holds, it'll be a good one.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Storm totals from Saturday night/Sunday morning storm that came through the PNW;

Whistler-Blackcomb - 2"
Mt Baker - 8"
Stevens Pass- 16"
Crystal Mtn. - 14"
Mt Hood Meadows - 7"
Mt Bachelor - 10"

Temps remain on the warmer side with 30F-28F at the bases with moderate winds near the summits.

More snow coming in for Sunday night into Sunday morning. Possible a foot in the higher elevations and maybe 6" for base to mid-mountain.

GFS and ECM showing a high pressure coming in around Wednesday for a few days, and then possibly another storm around Saturday for the PNW.

Colorado should see some light snow on Tuesday. Front Range ski areas might pick up a few inches and Steamboat might fare the best.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We got 32 cm in Whitewater. It's more coz it's metric!

Hopefully a bit more through the week maybe touring time?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Woke up to a light dusting of snow on the ground. Just a few inches on the Cascade's, however. Next storm for the Cascades is incoming this evening, and that will be followed by another round of precip on Friday.

Sun Valley woke up to 6" of snow, so those folks will be having a jolly good time today!

Colorado ski resorts in the Central and Front Ranges should be seeing 3"-6" though out today.

Things look to dry out by Saturday, and might be a week long high pressure build up going into mid-January for the West Coast and Rockies. Storms could be pushed over into the New England states with the jet stream staying up farther North of USA.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Scooter in Seattle wrote:

And @Bergmeister, all this pandemic stuff has sure reminded me how lucky we are here in Seattle to have good skiing 60 minutes away; excellent skiing 90 minutes away; and Whistler is just 4 hours (when the border's open). Next Monday I'll take a run for you, and if the forecast holds, it'll be a good one.

Please do.

In fact, take a run for all of us Brits who are, once again, locked down with no end in sight. We are hoping (against hope, I think...) that we might be allowed to ski at some point this season - even if it's "only" in Scotland. Fingers very much crossed!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Bergmeister, I did, and I'm sorry to say it was a tough day out there. I never would have gone, but I had the chance to take both of my kids (20 & 25) and honestly wanted them to experience a true Northwest ski day, meaning a foot of thick cement, poor visibility and mixed rain and snow. But also: perfect stuff to stick to the remaining rocks and get us covered.

I'm a golfer, so Scotland is on my radar for that. Until Snowheads, I was unaware that there was any skiing there at all. From the photos here, it is clear that the Scots are hardy souls...they golf in ski weather, and they ski in....hoo boy. But it looks all old-school and fun anyway. Hope you get up there soon.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Woke up this morning to some heavy and wet snowfall this morning. Was able to make some last minute changes and get a coveted last minute parking spot at Bachelor. (No forecast for snow in Bend, OR yesterday, so I will take the surprise!)

About 4" at lift off. Snow was medium density and quite fun to play in. Was snowing heavy at times with wind blowing in more and doing a nice job of resetting and removing the tracks.

Not much crowds, which was a bonus. Ski on to the lifts for most of the morning. Had to leave at noon for work commitments. Should be really nice refresh for the weekend.

Still lots of untracked at 10am.

snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Scooter in Seattle wrote:
@Bergmeister, I did, and I'm sorry to say it was a tough day out there.

But a tough day is far better than no day!

We had the disgraceful situation today in England of 2 friends being fined by the police for driving 5 miles from home (in separate cars) and meeting up for a walk in the middle of nowhere. FFS! Shocked
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Bergmeister, agreed. As for your example: Wow. I'm 64 so I'm taking this very seriously, at least I think so, and that seems ridiculous, heavy-handed. Maybe it was a rookie cop who hasn't learned the pick your battles thing.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Great pic, I would have been calling in work sick Toofy Grin
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
russ_e wrote:
Great pic, I would have been calling in work sick Toofy Grin

Sometimes you got to pay the bills though. Better half a day than no day!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Moderate storm tracking toward British Columbia and Northern Washington for Monday. Starting to break up and split with a high pressure over the PNW on Saturday and into Sunday. Will result in some high cloud cover and maybe a few flurries on Sunday. There's some warm air mixed in coming up from the South with this storm that looks per GFS and ECM to provide further moisture around Wednesday maybe even late Tuesday.

I rode the lift yesterday with someone who drove up from Park City, Utah. They have not had much snow this season. Storms have been splitting and missing the Wasatch for the most part.

Longer range, out into January 17-18 there might be potential for more storminess.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy