Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Club of Great Britain Chief Exec resigns

Poster: A snowHead
I'm sure someone (from Guildford or another part of Surrey) will be along to say how wrong we all are.

Popcorn?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've seen a couple of posts on social media from people who have had emails from SCGB saying that if they want to renew their Platinum membership (which includes annual travel insurance up to 45 days skiing in a year) it's gone up by £100.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Alastair Pink, I think we may all be in for a shock on insurance from whatever source, so I'm not overly surprised.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
chocksaway wrote:
@Alastair Pink, I think we may all be in for a shock on insurance from whatever source, so I'm not overly surprised.

Well the removal of EHIC cover is surely bound to have an effect on European travel insurance premiums, so perhaps that's one reason for the SCGB insurance premiums rising, Gerry can probably confirm if that's the case. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I cancelled mine back in October, looking on the website the price I paid has gone up around £35 however the age cut off for the higher rate is now 35 not 50 that I think it used to be so could effect younger people's premiums by a lot more.

https://www.skiclub.co.uk/ski-club-travel-insurance/ski-club-platinum-membership-20
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
SCGB website wrote:
Your Ski Club Platinum membership includes Annual Europe only Multi-Trip Travel Insurance which is underwritten by Millstream Ltd.
According to Companies House the latter is a one-man company with an active proposal to be struck off! I suspect they mean Millstream Underwriting Ltd - a completely different company. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was expecting the price of the Platinum membership with travel insurance to go up, and so was not too surprised to get an email telling me about the price. I wasn't expecting another email telling me the increased price was a wrong and the real price was even higher. Then looking at the cover offered I discovered that there is no cover (even at additional cost) for going on holiday on the motorbike. The most they can offer is cover for occasional use of a motorcycle over 125cc (not as the primary method of transport) within Activity Pack 3. The previous policy allowed use of your own motorcycle as a standard.

Reluctantly, I have cancelled the auto renewal of the Direct Debit for the Ski Club membership.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@bolderz, cancelled my renewal for exactly the same reason and found other insurance that covers motorcycle touring as standard.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Alastair Pink, mine went up last year to £230 when I hit 70 - nothing else had changed rolling eyes

@bolderz, I hadn't bothered to renew this year but if that's right about biking it looks as though I'll be looking elsewhere, so membership may have been a waste of money as well Sad
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Used to be Platinum when insurance made it worthwhile but now no longer a member.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well I suppose that they've now nailed their coffin shut with the insurance offer that seems to have their spendiest members quitting in droves. Chapeau. Look forward to the undignified scramble of those keen to get their last beanos in before the doors are shuttered.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I renewed my EHIC insurance recently. I was presuming that the arrangements would probably continue as they are if there was a deal (as it applies to Switzerland as well who are not in EU)

However, the devil is in the detail and the UK are probably taken advantage over with this exchange so it would be beneficial economically if it was dropped. Can't see it being dropped through, given the history and the administrative nightmare of making changes.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Dave of the Marmottes, I think you're very close to the truth there... insurance was a significant income generator for the Club... if those customers depart, the rush to exit will indeed be undignified...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@hamilton,
Quote:

the rush to exit will indeed be undignified..

And the rush to re-enter by DG and his private equity backers? Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Tough for the club from now on. Chalets look like pretty much a no no, leading is pretty much off and now insurance is unattractive sadly the question is "whats left?"
ski holidays
Even the discounts are pretty unexciting.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy