Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Refunds and cancellations - who have been the good guys?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Beltedgalloway2015, Really I have no idea why you have been so patient with them.
I have time for companies who have tried to do their best, and will give them a fair chance to put it right, but if they treat you badly, then send them a warning before enforcement notice, then begin recovery proceedings.
https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snowfinders wrote:
Beltedgalloway2015 wrote:
"Still no refund from Alpine Elements. They're fighting very hard to avoid their legal obligations. Anyone would be mad to risk a deposit with these thieves and liars."
I CONCUR!

I and doubtless MANY OTHERS find ourselves still unauthorised creditors for Alpine Elements and hanging on in hope for a refund nearly a year after paying up fully for a March 20 trip.
Irony of irony is their "Covid refund guarantee" for "new" customers for 20/21 season.
Not even the lift pass cost refunded:-absolutely nothing bar a not asked for "Credit Note".

No intention of ever using this company again nor recommending anyone use to use them.

CRYSTALSKI/TUI have been EXCELLENT!

Curiously AE are no longer ABTA members and if you search on the CAA website it no longer displays them as ATOL holders yet their website displays both and they still claim to be ATOL bonded. Maybe a mistake by the CAA?

A search of ATOL and ABTA members on their websites draw blanks too !!! So in theory any new bookings are not ATOL and/or ABTA bonded

Wonder if they jumped or were they pushed ????
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yep, definitely do NOT appear to be a member of ABTA any longer. However this has not stopped them from using the ABTA logo beside the word "Protected" on their home page.
Deception and misleading as ever. Generally cute enough to not actually state "We are ABTA/ATOL members/protected" but they do quote their former ABTA number way down amongst some T&Cs.
So I don't think it's a theory that new bookings are in any way protected and their refund cancellation T&Cs probably mean anyone has actually no chance of a refund???? Too much jargon for me to absorb....

On another forum one person has been "generous" enough to suggest that non membership means technically they could still take you to resort against FCO guidelines..... A bit of a stretch methinks?? Who is flying against FCO guidelines? The only other options semi realistically being self travel self catering.
Regardless absolutely no updates given by Alpine Elements regarding awaited refunds and the ramifications of their now non ABTA membership.
I have e-mailed and await their latest BS if indeed they reply.
Also awaiting an update from someone who has gone down the Small Claims Court route.
Basically I had sent them all the warnings of this and they are still unmoved. Unfortunately my ski partner did not want to lay out yet more money and said she was prepared to await a refund Sad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looking deeper into the CAA/ATOL website I've found this:
https://www.caa.co.uk/ATOL-protection/Trade/Maintain-and-renew-your-ATOL/Companies-that-have-not-renewed-their-ATOL/
List 1 suggests that AE, "Ski 4 Less Ltd" and "Ski Club Winter Arrangements Ltd" had applied to renew their ATOLs by 30 September but the renewals had not yet been granted.
The wesite goes on to say:
"This document contains a list of firms who have applied to renew their licences, but have failed to do so as at midnight 30 September 2020. In some cases the CAA has yet to reach a decision on their application, in others the CAA has decided to grant the application from the date on which the firm provides the items required to grant the renewal. Inclusion on this list does not necessarily mean that the CAA has doubts as to the firm’s financial resources."
Watch this space!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am no authority on the different levels of "protection" afforded by ATOL compared to ABTA. But it was to ABTA that the Citizens' Advice Bureau guided, me in order to raise a complaint against Alpine Elements.
ABTA proved to be a toothless tiger and a waste of time and effort...........
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nemisis wrote:
Looking deeper into the CAA/ATOL website I've found this:
https://www.caa.co.uk/ATOL-protection/Trade/Maintain-and-renew-your-ATOL/Companies-that-have-not-renewed-their-ATOL/
List 1 suggests that AE, "Ski 4 Less Ltd" and "Ski Club Winter Arrangements Ltd" had applied to renew their ATOLs by 30 September but the renewals had not yet been granted.
The wesite goes on to say:
"This document contains a list of firms who have applied to renew their licences, but have failed to do so as at midnight 30 September 2020. In some cases the CAA has yet to reach a decision on their application, in others the CAA has decided to grant the application from the date on which the firm provides the items required to grant the renewal. Inclusion on this list does not necessarily mean that the CAA has doubts as to the firm’s financial resources."
Watch this space!

Ski Club Winter Arrangements Ltd is the ski holiday subsidiary of SCGB !
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Praise for Village Montana from me, we had consecutive weeks booked for late Jan/early Feb 2021 at one of their apartment blocks in Val d'Isere and another in Val Thorens which I reluctantly cancelled last weekend, and within 5 working days they refunded me my deposit on both. We had an excellent stay with them last season too. Hopefully they'll come out the other side of the pandemic unscathed and I'll certainly stay with them again as soon as we are able to.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy