Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zermatt and Cervinia 2019-20

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Frustrating stuff. The snow is already starting (rain in town obviously) and the GFS runs below suggest there is going to be a fair amount. Cervinia would still be open as would the Klein Matterhorn/Furggsattel/Furgg areas. As well as some great piste fun, the lift accessed off piste and particularly the touring would be awesome.

Ah well.

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@johnmo, so when do you think you'll get back out to zermatt?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kj82 wrote:
@johnmo, so when do you think you'll get back out to zermatt?

God only knows. May is often a great month to be out there. Relatively quiet. Superb snow up top where a decent area is (in a normal year) still open, lovely walking lower down and often very nice weather. It is quite a few years since we did not have a trip out in May. At present, it is looking possible we might not get out there this summer at all. As soon as we safely can we will certainly be out. I’d prefer to drive than fly but it is not clear which will be available first.

The three offspring and their spouses were meant to be put with us last month before the end of the main ski season. Obviously, that didn’t happen. I had bought them weekly passes back in October as there was a discount. It was not possible to get a refund but you could move them to next season. So, I have changed them all to the week after Xmas. I am not even 100% certain that that will go ahead if we get another surge of the virus in the early winter.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
my personal opinion is that there will be skiing next year but it'll be riddled with restrictions to enforce (as best possible) social distancing. i think any month of the year is a good month to visit Zermatt ! I've driven to Zermatt before but after (i want to say Dijon) i recall the drive taking an awful long time away from the E roads.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kj82 wrote:
my personal opinion is that there will be skiing next year but it'll be riddled with restrictions to enforce (as best possible) social distancing. i think any month of the year is a good month to visit Zermatt ! I've driven to Zermatt before but after (i want to say Dijon) i recall the drive taking an awful long time away from the E roads.

I enjoy the drive. I have only ever done it with my wife (and sometimes others as well). So we tend to switch drivers every couple of hours or so. Leaving central London very early and taking the tunnel we get to Zermatt (Täsch) early enough to pop into the pizza restaurant for dinner and necessary alcohol.

The driving in France is good and the driving in Switzerland is good. But there is no good way to switch between the two. In summer it is fine because we just come off the French motorway system at Dole (beyond Dijon as you say) and then drive via Bescancon into Switzerland north of Lausanne. The drive over the Jura is on narrowish roads but is very pleasant. In winter, in bad weather we avoid doing that. But that means either coming into Switzerland from the North at Basel or continuing past Dijon and Dole down to the Lyon to Geneva road and heading in that way. It means staying on good motorways the whole way but is quite a bit longer.

Anyway the big news at the moment is that the Swiss border with France is opening 15 June. Now I need to find a way to get out of the UK and into France.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Summer ski area opening up on 6 June. Great for those in Switzerland. Frustrating for those of us in the UK.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy