Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Frustration re Easyjet flight info mid April

 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Is anyone in the same position as me? No way of getting onto Easyjet call lines due to traffic. Flights to and fro Geneva-Luton April 14 and 18 but no idea whether refund or credit will be on the cards - anyone with any info? Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If your flight is cancelled you should be able choose between a refund, a free switch to another flight (same route), or pay the difference and switch to a different flight / date altogether. The last of these options should be available even if your flight isn't cancelled.

I don't think flight credit will come into play at all.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I am in a similar situation but with Ryanair (and not with ski flights) for the 10th and 13th April. They are currently offering free changes of date to the same destination however I am not sure when I will want to or be able to go to that destination! I expect that the flight will be cancelled and therefore I will have the option of being refunded but will wait until around 2 weeks before to assess the situation as things will have changed a lot by then one way or the other!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@valais2, M-I-L (who flies just about every week) just has the Mrs on the phone complaining for an hour about the same thing. Her flight is tomorrow. She thought it very unfair that she wouldn't get her money back if she just no-showed. rolling eyes She can at least change the booking till, say, September.

In your case, I can't imagine EJ have any better idea of what'll be happening then than any of the rest of us, so while I am sure you can change your booking, (they've waived change fees, but price differences still apply) I don't see refunds on the cards yet. (It's usually 24hrs notice, I think).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@valais2, we're due to fly with EJ on the 4th. I haven't bothered calling them as at this point the flight is technically still going ahead so no chance of refund. They'll happily change your flight date but that's no good to me.

Essentially they'll keep the flight live as long as possible hoping most people move their flight date (so that can keep the cash) - if the majority of people do that, then I guess they'll then cancel the flight (as they've saved on cost of flying, and minimised refunds).

I'm holding tight hoping that they cancel the flight at the last minute.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
denfinella wrote:
If your flight is cancelled you should be able choose between a refund, a free switch to another flight (same route), or pay the difference and switch to a different flight / date altogether. The last of these options should be available even if your flight isn't cancelled.

I don't think flight credit will come into play at all.


^^^ This, although credit may come into play if they completely ground flights, but you'll probably have to work for it as they won't be keen. I've already switched my GVA flights in April to SZG in December and paid the £17 difference. Arguably that's doubling down on the risk of them going under but I thought it was worth a punt.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You got a month to sort it out so why worry about it and clog up their phone lines now? I had flights out departing this Saturday and was able to reschedule online after a couple of attempts. If you don't have a computer download the easyJet App and do it from there.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I am due to fly on 26th & as it stands it is still scheduled, could do with it getting cancelled & refund as the flights I need are currently £25.99 & a lot less than what I paid for my current ones.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Poor you. I am patiently waiting for a 'possible' refund of a ski holiday next week, lost Flybe flights last month and just hoping the cruise line I have given several grand to does not go bust pre my wife's sixtieth bash. At least I have not been made redundant. First world problems eh. EasyJet staff have probably turned the phones off and are having a blue sky session on where the next Easy....whatever your face idea can come from to make up for the loss of a minimum couple of months revenue.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
there is a thread with some details below. My understanding is unless Ejet cancel you have an option to move for free, and with them releasing next years ski flights already, that appears to be their preferred method.

here https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3560343#3560343
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kitenski wrote:
there is a thread with some details below. My understanding is unless Ejet cancel you have an option to move for free, and with them releasing next years ski flights already, that appears to be their preferred method.

here https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3560343#3560343


Agree - just a shame that they haven't opened up flights till next Easter.

My logic is that many Easter skiers (especially families) will always ski at Easter, so EJ current method doesn't particularly help. Those that ski at Feb half term, had their holiday, but now are getting the opportunity to get cheap flights for their next one.

Feels like EJ's approach is not about helping customers as such - they just want to bank some extra cash in these difficult times. I don't blame them for needing to do this, but it's separate from being accommodating to their customers.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I suspect EJ, not actually getting in new cash, but offering clients opportunity to re book rather than get the refund and stopping the hemeraging of cash refunds.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Think the situation is that they want you to move and won't formally cancel until short lead time - so if you are looking to move to currently cheap or equivalent flights maybe move now. If you want refund hold nerve. My flight tomorrow am was only officially cancelled tues night so I could then click the refund me buttons. Obviously if they only cancel 1 leg you will have to switch probably.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
jafa wrote:
I suspect EJ, not actually getting in new cash, but offering clients opportunity to re book rather than get the refund and stopping the hemeraging of cash refunds.


Yes, true not new cash. But also less "offering clients an opportunity", and more of using is at an opportunity to stop hemorrhaging cash. The former sounds far to customer first compared to the reality.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Think the situation is that they want you to move and won't formally cancel until short lead time - so if you are looking to move to currently cheap or equivalent flights maybe move now. If you want refund hold nerve. My flight tomorrow am was only officially cancelled tues night so I could then click the refund me buttons. Obviously if they only cancel 1 leg you will have to switch probably.


Yep completely agree - that are doing their utmost not to lose that cash. They are playing a game of chicken with the customer, who will lose their nerve first. I suspect their ideal scenario is that they hold their nerve so long that 99% of the flight have rebooked, so when they cancel the flight they've minimised the refunds they have to pay out, while saving the cost of flying an empty plane.

(don't necessarily blame them for this approach)
ski holidays
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We held on till today to see if tomorrow's flight would be cancelled - but no. Presumably it is still flying (Swiss nationals returning home, or Brits booked on return) but even if low numbers they will benefit hugely from forcing customers to retain bookings altered to new dates rather than refunding. They are going to be really hurting from lack of business given the huge fixed costs in aircraft.

So with no refund in the offing we re-booked for next Jan and Feb. A slight issue, there were going to be 4 of us including daughter and a friend (both currently on gap year but hopefullly at university next year). So one of our rebooked trips is in names who can't use it, wife is hoping her "premium customer" status will allow her to change names without charge but that needs contact by phone which is difficult at the moment.

We have yet another EJ booking for May (not skiing!) which doesn't realistically look feasible but if they open up more bookings we will be quite happy with a third skiing opportunity (retired). But we are holding faith on infections being under control enough next winter to allow business as usual.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks all - I’m fine in moving my flights to next jan or feb.....
latest report



Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy