Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Portes du Soleil - Avoriaz/Morzine/Les Gets/Chatel etc - 19/20

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
How might someone get from Morzine to Lyon airport tomorrow?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DJL wrote:
@andyrew, that’s a fair old trek. Hope they don't have to wheel you out of Les Cornettes in a barrow. I’ve been on the receiving end of the portions!

It was a great day's skiing but I had to wheel him out of Les Cornettes like that and my back is still aching. snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
shep wrote:
Doh, family ski day tomorrow (and lunch at Chez Nannon Toofy Grin ). Monday? Or next w/e if we're still open Confused
Whoever deprived me from a Chez Nannon lunch on Saturday - damn you! It was our last chance Sad

And my fault for not booking earlier, but we had to be sure our little one could enjoy the ski from Chavannes to Nyon and back. That was supposed to be the end of season 3 yo bday treat.

Oh well, there's always next year!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi All,

I am looking to rebook my holiday for next year just transferring this years booking over. Which weeks would the snow be good but still considered a low week, I am not an off piste skier.

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Last week in January
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Or first week in Feb (French holidays start Sat 6 Feb 2021) though that is less "low" season but with slightly longer days
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Spotted on Les Gets Ranfoilly webcam today 3 people walking up Tulipe piste in shorts. Pretty safe bet they're more than 1k from home.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chavannes and Nauchet opened their MTB lifts end of May, weekends only until full area opens on June 20th.

Hmmm.....what if it snowed next weekend down to 1500m? Highly unlikely to be skiable even if it did.....but would they still run the lifts with snow on the ground.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@polo, Does the forecast for LG say it will get THAT cold ?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@WindOfChange, no, close to zero chance I'd say, more likely 2000+m for anything that would actually stick around for a day, but obviously it can snow to 1500m late May, maybe once every 10 years....am just thinking it would be an ironic twist on the MTB'ing at xmas, which has of course happened. It's going to be a mud bath next weekend, so am eyeing up the 13th for first outing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@polo, you can't easily just turn uplift on and off like that...

Staff availability just one issue. Lifts will be in inter-season service mode (the ones that will open in summer) or in inter-season not running mode for those that won't.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@under a new name, Sure...but they manage to convert MC ski lifts into MTB'ing in Dec right, staff in place etc so why not? As it stands now, Chavannes and Nauchet are running....they just fixed a bike attachment to the back of the chairs....so in fantasy land with 10-15cm fresh snow on the grassy pistes, would they run the lifts for bikers, or even let someone carry a board up?

I know it's a flat no.....insurance etc. More pressing issue is that the pubs open in 25mins
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy