Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nordica HF Rear Entry Ski Boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I see there's now more information coming out about the Nordica HF rear entry boots.

Apparently the HF stands for 'Hands Free'.

I'm not convinced they're going to be as good as a decent pair of ski boots with buckles but it will be interesting to see how well they turn out. It looks to me as if they're trying to position them as ski boots for people who just want to ski, not worry about equipment.

Promo video here:

http://youtube.com/v/51f9HTUHDFc

ISPO show discussion here:

http://youtube.com/v/eQ07i_DDcu8
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I tried them on at the trade show, and yes, you can put them on hands free. Thought they look pretty good - kinda like a park boot. Choice of flexes and an option for a Thermic heatedliner. I think CEM is already selling them. I believe the big benefit is for those with very limited dorsiflexion &/or other issues who would have otherwise needed a custom made boot like a Daleboot etc.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 6-03-20 23:24; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I will probably never use them but there is a real market for them.
Lots of skiers just want an easy to use and comfortable boot.
They are not looking for a high performance boot, not looking for the best control either.

I think it will do well....just not with many snowHeads
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A chum is already sizing up the Atomics and Nordicas as he has two fused Ankles.

I think Atomic are aiming more at the “comfortable long lunch” market wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Was wondering when rear entries would make a comeback. Not ready for 'em yet, but eventually I'm going to need something like these if I want to keep going. Seems a natural product for the aging skier population. I liked my Hansons many years ago. No socks needed!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@1:55 ish, " HF means hands free" cut to bloke putting boot on and using his hand to close the front buckle......

I totally see the market, and it looks a decent liner.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
+1

I too see a market for them. Many people just want to enjoy a holiday in the snow, but have little interest in pushing the envelope, extreme skiing, high performance, etc. They stay on the pistes, take relaxed breaks, etc. A boot that offers comfort and convenience is likely to appeal to people in that demographic,
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Scooter in Seattle wrote:
... Seems a natural product for the aging skier population. ...
This.

Very carefully marketed.
"These'll see me out" would probably not be the marketing slogan they started out with, but...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy