Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nice sharp edges

 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@esaw1, my medical notes had the cryptic "v.scis.crur.dex" which I managed to Google into "Vulnus scissum cruris dexterus" which sounds pretty serious until you realise it is just medical Latin and means "cut to the right leg"...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Stick to the Latin. Sounds more worthy of such an honourable wound!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My Dad had to do medical exams in Scotland before he'd learnt much English. He'd had a good classical education, though, and used to say that his knowledge of Latin got him through.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Update - arrived in Flachau yesterday, and today we had a reasonable run out with no ill effects. I was highly aware of still having it bandaged and taking things easy but the net impact was minimal and despite low vis above 1500m and slightly heavy conditions lower down I had a good day.

ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That's good news, @ousekjarr. Phew. Your Latin reminded me of a friend who emerged from hospital, years ago, with a note diagnosing UKI.

Turned out to be an Unidentified Knee Injury...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@ousekjarr, yay, well done! Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
+1
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
7 weeks on, and I’m almost back to normal albeit with a rather dramatic scar... photo below.
Spoiler


I’ve also now received 2 bills in the post - one for €24 from the hospital for stuff which isn’t covered by the EHIC (dinner and breakfast, I think), and €216 from the lift company for evacuation from the mountain. While this was fairly trivial, it seems they have a fixed rate for all assistance. Both are now with the insurance company...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@ousekjarr, Austrian health insurance (and therefore EHIC) covers approx 80% of the costs, so that will probably be the remaining 20% (they normally just put your monthly payments up by a few euros till you pay it off), but obviously you can claim it back off your travel insurance.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@ousekjarr, just seen this Shocked glad you're all right and skiing again, but it clearly doesn't look like a skiing injury so tell everyone its a shark bite from when you were surfing in Hawaii! Blush
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
An article on what can happen with cuts from edges here.
ski holidays



Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy