Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying Ski Boots.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@nbt, Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the advice. As I don't have an alternate pair of boots to use for the first day, going to Le Lac will probably cost me half a day of skiing, so probably a bit too much of a hassle. Great suggestion on finding a snowdome, will likely get the fitting done at Bartlett's and then find a day to test them out before the trip.
snow conditions     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just another person after some advice - I have a pair of ski boots around 10-11 years old, I’ve worn them for 4 weeks skiing as well as some dry-sloping/snow dome visits over this time. Whilst they still feel comfortable, I’ve no idea when they’re likely to need replacing. I’m a one/two weeks a year skier really, intermediate/advanced but definitely more on piste than off piste. Any advice much appreciated!
ski holidays     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm no expert but my last boots lasted about 25years - had an 8 yr gap in the middle for kids. Eventually the heel plate cracked and I had to get new soles put on them -I was warned at the time, by a fitter in Les Arcs, that the shell could crack as the plastic was old. So the next holiday I took the with me, but hired a pair - I was gobsmacked at the difference in new materials and the hire pair were way better than my old ones - that I thought I had loved!

I like having my own boots because it saves time in the hire shop as I am awkward to fit (top end of ladies sizes and mens generally too big round the ankle), I am trying to persuade hubby to buy boots this year - he has skied quite happily in hire boots since 1994 - and doesn't see the point in buying boots because we only go once a year, hire boots (he says) are much better now and they cost about £!1-24/week depending on resort and date if you are hiring skis. His other "objection" is that they are heavy and now we travel with budget airlines thats a consideration.

So my advice would be they should be good for years to come, but if not try some hire boots because with the amount you have skied in the last 10 years it wasn't worth buying
snow report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy