Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Table of shared transfer routes (Alps+Pyrenees)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@denfinella, yes, updated version is working
snow conditions     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks like Alpskibus has been rolled into Altibus. alpskibus.com leads to a dead website, and while you can find a current timetable with the Alpskibus logo, it's all part of Altibus - the schedules are exactly what you'll see anywhere else on Altibus' website and booking is also done via Altibus' main reservation system.
So probably better to rename those references, to Altibus.
ski holidays     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
And also... now there's AlpyBus!
snow conditions     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've fully updated the table for 2019/20 - link in first post.

Generally prices have stayed fairly similar to last year - though I've noticed some companies tweaking their rates to make them more similar to competitors. The southern French Alps still lead the way in cheapest transfers - just 6 euros each way to handful of resorts from Nice airport!

The new companies / name changes mentioned in the last few posts have been incorporated. A few Pyrenean resorts are also now included.
snow report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
denfinella wrote:
I've fully updated the table for 2019/20 - link in first post.

Generally prices have stayed fairly similar to last year - though I've noticed some companies tweaking their rates to make them more similar to competitors. The southern French Alps still lead the way in cheapest transfers - just 6 euros each way to handful of resorts from Nice airport!

The new companies / name changes mentioned in the last few posts have been incorporated. A few Pyrenean resorts are also now included.

There's a public bus (No.92) from very close to Nice airport (like 10 mins on foot, or 3 mins on a tram) that will get you to Isola or Auron for 1.50Euro each way!
ski holidays     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@denfinella, I used the very accessible https://www.thetrainline.com/ website to buy tickets from Geneva to Bourg st Maurice and hence Les Arcs. I'm over 60 so I get the tickets at a discount. The normal fare is £30.66 each way. It is a bit more expensive from Lyon. These transfers are available every day of the week and every week of the year

They are not quick or reliable but they are cheep.
latest report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy