Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes and The Espace Killy 2019/20 (Useful Links Page 1)

Poster: A snowHead
Alpine sherpa
https://alpinesherpa.com/
snow report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bit of lake level snow:-
https://www.facebook.com/TignesSpiritCommunity/photos/pb.323646766859.-2207520000.1570445709./10156409953686860/?type=3&theater
latest report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Gustavobs,
Snowdrone do shared transfers from Geneva
snow report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Gustavobs, Both the companies recommended above in post 1.
snow report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kenzie wrote:
Bit of lake level snow:-
https://www.facebook.com/TignesSpiritCommunity/photos/pb.323646766859.-2207520000.1570445709./10156409953686860/?type=3&theater

Looks like they have been doing a bit of "farming" on the glacier
ski holidays     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Chanced upon this video clip this evening, posted last week. A study of the glacier commissioned; results to be published in the spring; just a few centimetres of snow cover atop the ice; resort awaits a decent snowfall to open Grande Motte for race training; 20-30 metres in depth lost in the last 20 years. Perhaps those with quicker reflexes to spoken French can add more.

http://youtube.com/v/vqQo8kFfnIk
snow conditions     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
This shows how it's going - would be interesting to see it updated for 2016-19.

http://youtube.com/v/XzUPbvoSC_8

Makes me wonder where they will find room for 26 race lanes. Shocked
https://public.tignes.net/PISTES/Octobre.htm
ski holidays     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well the excitement is rising, the credit card took a bashing this morning with a season skipass, a season car parking pass and a season insurance policy.

So now we just need some snow, talking of which the forecast is looking more favourable mid week. Confidence is not high, like the UK but it looks very unsettled and the freezing level is dropping, so here's hoping the glacier will look better next weekend.
snow report     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just seen that the Grande Motte will open next Saturday 19 Oct for skis of a good level.

Excitement building...
ski holidays     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:
Just seen that the Grande Motte will open next Saturday 19 Oct
Is that official chocksaway? I was all set to look at flights for a trip to our apartment...but there's nothing to that effect on the Tignes website Confused - it's still saying "Postponed to another date"....
snow conditions     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@mountainaddict, See here.
snow conditions     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cheers chocksaway!! Much obliged - the English version of the website is still showing the old message wink

Will have a look at flights now Very Happy

UPDATE: Trip on hold - weather outlook is poor for the opening weekend... Confused
snow conditions     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The Grande Motte webcam is not saying much this morning, in fact it's saying nothing at all. But looking at the top of the Tov there has been some snow, but it has been windy as it's all trapped on the terrace of the restaurant and not on the ground. Hope they have been farming it on the glacier!
snow conditions     
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I know I shouldn't be looking at the web cams this early, but I can't help myself. Why do I keep looking at the wig-wham cone thing outside LeLagon hoping for some sign of white?

Looks like the first few tyres out on the top of Tov/Tomm, so perhaps they think that some of the snow will stick around. Looks like pretty slushy stuff up there though.

Also looks fairly damp and boggy in Lac, with the tennis courts and kids playground still open?
ski holidays     
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The sign I always take that the locals think snow is going to stay is when they put the tyres on the tennis courts. Often they will also put some on Toviere. I think it is to protect the courts and is also an indication that the cover is too thin at the end of the season
snow report     
And to stop the piste bashers taking lumps out of the roof of the gondola station!
snow conditions     
@Mark1863,
The tyres are for protection of man made surfaces. The indication the snow cover is getting thin at the end of the season is when they bash a piste & the snow turns a mud colour - hopefully due to mud.
snow conditions     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy