Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes 2019/20

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'll do this again this year after a year or so off.

Links
http://www.meteoexploration.com/forecasts/Les-Deux-Alpes/?lang=en - Forecast
http://www.les2alpes.com/en/ - Official Site
http://www.2alpesnet.com/ - Alternative Site
http://www.bensbus.co.uk/ - Transfers from Grenoble Airport and Lyon Airport
http://www.2alpesnet.com/buses - Lyon and Geneva to Grenoble shuttles and local buses

If you want British instruction there are several options -
- Alex Armand (Chapman) Tiptop ski coaching. Formerly with ESS Alex has been on her own for a couple of years now.
- Easiski (Charlotte) has been here a long time and has many SH fans but she only teaches a little now, existing clients
- European Ski School have a few British instructors too. Ian Huyton, Simon Edwards and John Nelson for skiing and Craig Nelder for Snowboard. All of their Italian instructors speak very good English.
- I think ESS are having one more Brit stagiaire too, Luke..
- all other schools, ESF, ESI, Firstrax have other English speaking French and Italian instructors. Some I know personally are very fluent.
- for off piste adventures any of the above

For those interested English Football is shown in the Red Frog (open all day) and the Secret Bar (although not open all day so prob not lunchtime kick offs).

If you decide you want to buy boots in resort Cedric at Jacques Sports is highly recommended. He did mine the winter before last and did a grand job.
ski holidays     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is an enormous amount of work going on up there atm. I walked half way up the Demoiselles a while ago and was engulfed by the dust thrown up by enormous earth movers driving up. One tumbled down off the side last week due to an inattentive driver who was lucky to escape serious injury.

The new Pierre Grosse gondola is on track I believe and this will relieve last year's pressure on the Jandri Express.

The first stage if the glacier 8 man chair is being moved to Cretes to replace the old 4 man. Also on track I believe.

The new Super Venosc lift isn't going ahead this year (the old one was removed last summer). Shame as Vallee Blanche is not as accessible or big without it.
snow report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?

First snow of the autumn that I've seen on the Muzelle. Possibly some in September when I was away for much of the month.
snow report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pissed down in resort last night but as it has been pretty chilly it was obviously falling as snow higher. Woke to this.

Snow down to about 2000m but its also windy up there, can see the snow blowing off the Muzelle. The 2nd photo shows the Diable and Super Diable.

I also stole this photo from a friend's Facebook page, the new Pierre Grosse lift station. I might wander up to the Cretes myself later in the week to take a look at the new lift there.

Season Passes have been on sale for a while now, prices and cutoff dates for discounts are:-

SKI PASS SEASON BUY FROM 15/09 TO 18/10/2019
Adult : 999 € → 699 €
Child : 799 € → 559 €
Junior : 999 € → 699 €
Senior : 899 € → 629 €

SKI PASS SEASON BUY FROM 19/10 TO 22/11/2019
Adult : 999 € → 799 €
Child : 799 € → 639 €
Junior : 999 € → 799 €
Senior : 899 € → 719 €

HALF SEASON PASS AVAILABLE FROM 15/02/2020 : 599.00 €
latest report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi,
Do you know if the new Pierre grosse lift and the new lift on Crete’s are due to be finished in time for the resort opening in December?
snow conditions     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Honeybadgerversion2, Pretty sure they are. Without the Crete lift we'd be f****d tbh.
ski holidays     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks fingers crossed then!
latest report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Had turned a little warmer but today it has pissed down in resort since 3am. Now clearing enough to see that the snow line is about 2500m. Confirmed by the webcams too.

They've been testing the snow cannons since yesterday too. Not cold enough for it to be anything but water from those visible from down here.

Limited opening for Toussaint 26th Oct to 3 Nov. No mention of skiing which I think everyone had given up on anyway.
ski holidays     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Rained in resort from 3am to 8pm with hardly a break. Clear but cool today, woke to this, snowline about 2000m. Will have helped our glacier Very Happy

snow conditions     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy