Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Innsbruck & Tirol 2019/20 Snow

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
And so it begins! Glacier season, anyway.

Autumn has been muscling in and making its presence felt that last few days, and the glaciers are now picking up the first snow falls.

Stubai is scheduled to open on the 15th, though that's definitely not a fixed date and will depend on snow.

All the Tirolean glaciers look like getting 30-40cm through this weekend, which should help preparations to get at least the pistes in skiing shape.

Few photos from Stubai's Facebook:

snow report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Madeye-Smiley
snow report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Stubai will open this Friday, 13th Sept, and are reporting 55cms of snow on the mountain.

Open Lifts:
- 3S Eisgratbahn I+II
- Gamsgarten cable car II
- Rotadl chairlift to the Daunferner and back
- T-Bar lift Daunferner II

Open slopes:

Bottom station:

snow report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Innsbruck Nordkette right now: https://www.facebook.com/Innsbruck/videos/1482854215205338/

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 9-09-19 16:18; edited 4 times in total
latest report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@clarky999, Judging by your footwear selection, it almost looks like you went up the mountain not expecting to find any snow wink
snow report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Scarlet, something like that (well, straight from the office). I was a little worried about stacking it while live!
latest report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@clarky999, “Innsbruck Tourism first face plant of the season – Live!” Laughing
snow report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Scarlet, thinking about it cynically, probably would've helped views and engagement Laughing
ski holidays     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Today Stubai and Sölden both opening a few lifts. With Hintertux already open, that's three Tyrolean glacier resorts open for skiing now.

A friend of mine made a 360° video of the lifts from Innsbruck city centre to the top of Nordkette:

http://youtube.com/v/cj9kZnavrT4

Not at all wintery, but pretty cool and maybe interesting for some.
latest report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy