Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The view from............ Val d'Isere and the Espace Killy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Here's Radio Val's take on the season. Make a coffee, sit down and enjoy Little Angel

https://www.facebook.com/1130303713650017/videos/2051299961665867/
ski holidays     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice
ski holidays     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Val competition dates announced...

https://www.ledauphine.com/savoie/2019/05/24/val-d-isere-on-connait-les-dates-du-criterium-de-la-premiere-neige
snow conditions     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kitenski - No not working the CWC but have a few tickets for them.... Eng v WI the big one I have a ticket for in a couple of weeks time - looking forward to that. However took Olivia to her first international match the other week when we were back in the UK - Eng v Pakistan at the Ageas in Southampton... the entertainments such as climbing wall, laser quest etc were more interesting for Olivia though... she did see Jos Butler hit his ton though!
bar shaker - sounds good... by the looks of things I will be in town then yes for beers. And that is a good video yes. And thanks for posting the dates for the World Cup in December - thanks - saved me a job there!
muppet - sounds lovely - sounds good!

Is that really a month!!

Well what a month it has been personally... there was a very enjoyable week over in VT - although the wind and cloud etc made it an interesting end of season thats for sure!

I rushed back from VT at it was pretty much straight into Clares 40th birthday party celebration time... she had decided to make herself a cake already not knowing that I had organised her one already so we had a LOT of cake floating about. Some members of Clares family came for a special meal out al together and we had a champagne fuelled meal at the Fondue Factory which was actually very good - last time tried eating there a couple of years ago we were not impressed but this time it was much better! Anyway after that we headed out for some drinks at Coin des Amie and had a lovely evening! However the crowning glory of the day was the cake that I had had commissioned... someone down in Moutiers made it for me at (not to bad) a great expensive!

So no sooner was that over and done with but it was Olivias birthday... so it was more cake fest and then the party etc... but anyone with small kids knows that the build up to the party and the clean up afterwards triples the time allocated to it physically and mentally! Anyway we hired with another of Olivias friend the new carousel merry-go-round thing in Tignes Le Lac next to the swimming pool "Lagon" - so it was very fun few hours watching the dozen kids or so go mental in there... and of course more cake - ha ha!

However with all good things something bad has to follow and that was the hell of doing my annual tax return! It is the same every year about 4/5 days of a LOT of coffee drinking and VERY little sleep but I got there in the end! Yay!

And then that lead nicely up to our annual trip back to the UK on holiday... only 10 days or so but what a time it was. There was visits into London, seeing all members of the family, spoiling meals you name it we did it and what a nice time we had! But anyway that all came to an end when we got back to Val about a week ago! Although we are off on a mini family break to Annecy later this week and then flying back to the UK next weekend for the weekend for a close friends wedding.

So lots of down time so far!

Meanwhile back here in Val it is of course the inter season which basically means everyone leaves town and everything closes but this year it is worse than that as the weather has been pretty horrid...

Firstly rightly at the end of the season there was the annual Val golf open and as you can see from the pic it was hardly golfing weather when they set off at breakfast time that morning!

For those who have ever ridden the Grand Pre lift then you will recognise the face in the middle of this pic... Gilles finally hung up his smiley attitude to working that lift (some 40 years working on the Grand Pre and Fountaine Froid lifts over the years - WOW - amazing respect) at the end of the season:

However not all smiles in the resort after someone was badly injured after their car left the road just outside the resort above the (very low water level at this time of the year) dammed lake. Oh dear but thankfully no deaths (somehow!)

And finally the work is ongoing to get the road up the Col open - a couple more weeks work on that front at least it should be!

Ill be back next month for more updates as to what is happening this end!

TTFN
latest report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Gilles was lovely and much loved by a lot of people
Always had a smile and always gave me a Fartherly arm when getting on the lift with
my much taller partner and son.
snow report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Steve Angus, pleased to see you’re getting some down time. Tell Clare we say Happy Birthday for her milestone- she still has a long way to go before she catches us up! Laughing
snow report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy