Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zermatt (and Cervinia) 2018/19

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Not sure what the point of that link is. That is Torgnon - a small ski area further down the Aosta Valley at 1480m.
snow conditions     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sad news for Sports fans. Time Out is closing. It was a good place to go and watch a range of sports. Will definitely be missed by many.

ski holidays     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the responses - never stayed in Cervinia, only had the odd afternoon while staying in Zermatt. Not expecting too much so anything at that time will be a bonus, but it's good to know what to expect and @JohnMo you covered that well- thanks.
snow report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Been out this week for Zermatt Unplugged, the pop/rock/anything music festival. It has been great. They do a good job of getting a decent variety of music and the locations are fantastic. I was speaking to the two Irish lads on the first day they were performing Gandgeghütte at 3030m. I think it is fair to say they were in desperate need of oxygen. I hope they got used to it as the week went on.

Because I have been out with non-skiing wife I have been hiking rather than skiing. The town is now close to snow free but it is still reasonable (albeit it slushy as the day goes on) from about 2000m (the lowest skiing point, ignoring home runs, is Furi at 1867). The snow up at Trockener Steg at 2939m is fantastic. This morning we walked up to Riffelalp at 2211m and we were on crisp, fresh snow and more of the white stuff was coming down. There is a decent looking dump looking likely early hours of Sunday morning so that would improve things even more. Anyone coming out for a late ski is making a good decision.

I am afraid I have not been over to Cervinia so can’t comment on the Italian side. However a lot of the snow over the last week has come from the south so I would be fairly optimistic.

Off back into town soon for this evening’s performance by Boy George and Culture Club. Karma,Karma, Karma Chameleon!
snow report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@JohnMo, great news. I'm heading there next Friday for a week with the family, so should be a fine end to the season
ski holidays     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the update! Anyone on the Italian side have any information? Would be curious to know how much it has actually been snowing over there today as thinking about heading over tomorrow : ).
ski holidays     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I’ve been in Zermatt all week.

The first few days were great, with most slopes open and in great condition in both Zermatt and Cervinia, with fresh snow on Tuesday. I was thinking it was a great pity that Gornergrat and Sunnegga were closing on Tuesday given it is still Easter week.

However Wednesday and Thursday had ferocious winds that closed all the lifts, and today it is snowing heavily in town so as far as I can see no slopes are open yet, and only a few lifts are.

So for anyone coming over the weekend they should have some great snow to play with.
snow report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Whitters, bad luck over the last couple of days. The snow that has just come through looks fantastic. Zermatt was meant to have skiing down from Gornergrat open this week (after the main closure from Tuesday) but I am not sure the weather ever allowed that.

Anyway now it is only the Klein Matterhorn sector that is open but that should be fantastic in the fresh snow. Cervinia remains open until 5 May.
latest report     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Arrived in Cervinia yesterday lunchtime and it was snowing. Cleared up though and today there’s hardly a cloud in the sky. Windy up top apparently, about to go up. Last weekend of the season here, closes 02/05 I think hotelier said.
latest report     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@steviet865, Have a good time. Wind is not looking too bad on the readings on the website.

Cervinia lifts are definitely open until a week on Sunday (5th).
latest report     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cheers, yes so I heard John, it’s our hotel closing on the 2nd! Great conditions high up we found, gets claggy on most of run 5 down to Cretaz. No queues anywhere.
latest report     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Very strong winds in Cervinia today shut all the lifts for a time and only the gondola was operating out of the town for a couple hours. They reopened the Cretaz chair about noon but there was only one chair running above the mid station plus a very short drag. The link over to Zermatt was closed. A shame because the conditions higher up are really good. Mainly blue skies but flipping cold.
ski holidays     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy