Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2018 / 2019

Poster: A snowHead
Jonpim, that was indeed a good choice, we were amongst the last skiers to get onto Blanchete as Colllosus was running at half speed with two gates shut and thus a huge queue. On the edge of the Bellecote bowl the Blanchette lift stopped, helmets and gloves off coats undone we sunbathed there for half an hour, we then very slowly inched forward watching the queues in Bellcote get larger and larger we assume the back up generator had been fired up as the lift slowly made its way to the top - never really appreciated quite how long that lift is! We saw on internet that the Blanchette was now closed for the day and Collussus would continue to run at half speed. Goodness knows how long the queues would be by closing time... we were back in Monty to go to the Vets in Aime by 4pm...
ski holidays     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lazy day today. Ski to Roc des Blanchet deck chairs. Strip off. Sunbathe. Eat sarnies. A drink or two. Then ski back.
Perfick snowHead
(Avoided Bellecote coz Colosses not opening until 1pm)
snow report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jonpim, Thats the way to do it Toofy Grin Colosses didn't open until 3.30 ish and then only on half power...
latest report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Weekend training ....
snow conditions     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Had our last day skiing today, we have been right through from opening day, but time to return to the UK this week.
Best way to describe today - scorchio!
Boy was it hot! Lovely day despite the slush, sunshine, and no queues anywhere.
ski holidays     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@RobinS, have a good journey home. Back next year?
snow conditions     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Alastair, Very possibly depending on work opportunities. We have had a good season this year with work that was flexible some of the time, and gave us lots of days off.
ski holidays     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Fun at Le Bonnet in Bellecote and "the best burgers in town" plus reasonably priced beer!
https://twitter.com/Montalbert73/status/1109439338222358528
ski holidays     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi,
Apologies if a bit of this is off topic but wanted to tap into local knowledge.
Out for a week 6th April, first time back in La Plagne since 2003, staying in 1800 - keep the weather/piste conditions coming.
As a Watford fan I'm in need of a BT sports outlet for Sunday afternoon - any in 1800?
I think this Easter week clashes with a French holiday - is it likely to be rammed and with a kiddy with Oxygene in Plagne Centre any tips to miss early morning queues when getting out and about generally in an efficient way?
Lastly - any little known end of season deals or tips on getting cheaper lift passes? The family pack, with us being 2 adults and three children, looks best option from a quick browse of the website but I'm aware French resorts often run late deals.
All advice gratefully received. Cheers.
snow conditions     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@MajorMarmaduke, try bar La Mine link
latest report     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm also out week of 7th April and hoping not too busy (sorry can't help with the footy) When I checked French holidays they are staggered so only one of the zones is off that week and not the Paris one thankfully! Haven't seen any cheap lift pass deals but maybe someone else can advise. Also if anyone is skiing around solo, I'm going to be in Les Coches and wouldn't mind a buddy.
snow report     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@MajorMarmaduke, If nowhere in 1800, Spitting Feathers at Bellecote has BT sport and Sky. It's just a free navette ride away.
snow conditions     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@MajorMarmaduke, La Mine had football on over Christmas when we were out there but couldn't say if that was BT or Sky.
snow report     
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
How are the conditions looking at the moment? I'm tempted by Belle Plagne for our Easter trip next year (4th-11th April 2020), so thought I'd try and get a gauge of typical conditions at this time of year... snowHead
ski holidays     
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Handy Turnip, Spent last week in Peisey Vallandry and skied over to LP most days. Couldn't fault the conditions for the time of year, yes it was a bit slushy lower down towards the end of the day but in the main it was great.
snow report     
Thanks @RedorDead, much appreciated!
snow report     
@Handy Turnip, haven't been over to LP for a week or so but piste conditions in Les Arcs holding up very well.
snow report     
Thanks @Alastair Very Happy
snow report     
Finally booked up Neilson Chalet Hotel Turquoise for March '20! First time taking the kids, so looking forward to it being a great family ski trip! Anyone have any experiences with the chalet/hotel? I booked this one for the ski in ski out, as the thought of carrying all that gear around didn't appeal at all!

The boys (8&7 at time of travel) are booked into the Oxygen ski school? Any good?
snow conditions     
Roscoe, Chalet Turquoise (Belle Plagne) has come up a number of times, on this thread (eg hannalucy Jan 15) and elsewhere. Try the search function.
Its been owned by various people over the years. Not been in for some time, but used to be popular coz did big mugs of Hot Chocky and would allow us to eat our sandwiches in the bar.
ski holidays     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy