Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The view from............ Val d'Isere and the Espace Killy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Never nice hearing of job losses, hope everyone gets sorted out.
@Steve Angus, hope you didn't loose any money on the no show client, drives me mad when people pre book, and then decide to cancel on the day, imagine being employed and being told " sorry your not getting paid today"
snow conditions     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
geoffknight wrote:
Never nice hearing of job losses, hope everyone gets sorted out.
@Steve Angus, hope you didn't loose any money on the no show client, drives me mad when people pre book, and then decide to cancel on the day, imagine being employed and being told " sorry your not getting paid today"

Thanks.... yes it is annoying and thankfully doesn't happen that often. But no all good in this situation - pre-paid etc!

lynnecha - wow that is quite a fluctuation in temperature it really is - not quite so extreme here but we are bouncing around once again!

Hmmm heavy

After a very stormy night of wind and snow we woke this morning to slightly improved conditions - certainly warm and reports of about 30cm down here in town and up to 60cm on the Val glacier but with winds making it very variable! I got going mid morning as I doing a funky lesson time today and the snow was always going to be VERY heavy... in fact (not that I was off piste) reports from colleagues indicated that the snow was 'knee-twisting' snow and unskiable for the most part!

The winds up top were pretty strong and the vis was varying around quite a lot but the whole point of the lesson was for my lady to get better at skiing in those conditions so that is exactly what we did! The Verte was in pretty good condition so thats where we focussed our attentions and later on we took a trip on the Tommeuse and down the Creux.... due to the direction that the wind had been blowing meant that one side of the piste was horrendous whereas the other side was better and it was one mass of people struggling to battle their way down... it was an interesting experience to be honest! Anyway with the wind coming and going with the vis we went back to lapping from the top of the Marmottes and enjoyed the rest of the session - a real success all in all and a good laugh... always fun to have a light hearted client ready to have a good giggle at themselves - ha ha!

After lunch we had a friend pop around for a cuppa before Clare had to go and collect Ben. I really hope he sleeps well tonight as he was up a little too early for my liking this morning and yours truly was baby whispering from silly o'clock! Arghhh!

So the weather continued to improve nicely all day and tomorrow should be a good but warm day - hmmm we shall see!

Great for transfer day that weather and on the roads it should be about 27000 cars which is not too bad!

Think thats all for now - TTFN

snow conditions     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Satisfying

It was nice to have a sunny and warm day again today despite the chilly start! I had a couple that I had not skied with since last year and it was a fun morning. 'J' has a wicked sense of humour and had me giggling regularly!

Anyway we headed up the Solaise side of the things and after a warm up on the Madelaine we headed over to the Glacier lift but when we got there it was closed (and would remain so all morning due to a tech fault)... that totally scuppered my lesson plan... however luckily they made very fast progress so we were able to take on the harder Marais piste and then a trip down the Arcelle which was in very good condition. It was a really good morning and for only a few weeks skiing experience 'J' in particular kicks butt!

I got lunch in at the Tartine and headed home.

Most of the afternoon was spent with one of Olivias best friends coming around for a play date with her mum. It suited me down to the ground... Olivia and 'S' played, Clare and 'S' mum had a cuppa or 3 and chatted and I hung out with Ben and watched rugby on tv - ah perfect!

After meeting and greeting our new guests I grabbed a takeaway pizza and have enjoyed a cold beer and some rubbish TV... and you guessed it here I am!

In local news the pisteurs are warning people who seem to head up the mountain ski touring early in the morning as someone got in the way of some PIDA clearance work yesterday am and had a lucky escape. Likewise they once again had to rescue someone form the couloir to nowhere and in doing so during the rescue work the rescuers themselves had a close call with a natural avalanche coming down... argh idiots putting others in danger through their actions!

Talking of slides.... when I talk about the concept of 'no such thing as 'JUST' being off piste' in terms of danger - check out this photo of a huge slide VERY close to the side of the Genepy piste over in Tignes... of course in this case it was a managed thing by the pisteurs but still it gives you an idea eh of the dangers out there.

And whilst talking about slides... some of the basic rules of off piste skiing (in this case expose only 1 person to danger at a time and ski the slope one at a time) were ignored here... I know this video is doing the rounds at the moment (and no this is NOT filmed in Val but hey shocking watching!)

https://www.facebook.com/EmissionLaPlaceDuVillage/videos/2238401806426104/

AND FINALLY for today this is a nice video of some of the work that goes on behind the scenes in Val... in this case the lifties making the up and over lift ready for opening the other morning after the monster snow and wind we had had!

https://www.facebook.com/1130303713650017/videos/2369533979943634/

So tomorrow is a family day this end - probably taking Olivia and Ben swimming in the am - we shall see and then Monday its back to work!

TTFN
ski holidays     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Steve Angus, great video of the work going on for the ‘up and over’ lift.
ski holidays     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The St Cristof clip is a real belter Steve.
Skiing with a mate who is new to "serious" off piste I said ok we ski this " one at a time" why do we do that was the reply.
Next day he is sent the clip, not much more needs saying!
ski holidays     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Rogerdodger - quite!!!!!!

4 seasons in one day

Ill start comparing 2 photos from today - one taken about 10am this morning and the other some 7 hours later! Talk about a change eh

So the day started bright and breezy and Clare had a lie in which is a rare luxury these days! Anyway after a family breakfast it was time for action. With Clare heading out to teach about lunchtime whatever we did I was on my own and so we opted to go for a swim. So off we went.

As is usual on the Sunday morning they raise the temperature of the water and with all the floats out and all the local kids in attendance it is quite a fun time at the pool and a very sociable time to go to the pool - mainly lots of Dads on daddy day care really! ha ha!

It was a fun time and thank goodness I had Ben all togged up with all the floats in the place (he is such a riggler otherwise!) as he happily floated about whilst Olivia went bonkers! Ha ha!

After some lunch at home it was time for the kids to have a sleep!

I had to head into town to run an errand after that before coming home for dinner etc! By now it was pouring down with (heavy and wet admittedly) snow... the biggest snow flakes and more you have ever seen. I should continue like this for a few hours before easing off before breakfast time leaving us with a modest amount of snow - but who knows what will actually come!

Not really much else to report from today really... a fairly boring update but tomorrow is a new week - yay!

TTFN
ski holidays     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Chilly

Well we awoke to pretty clear conditions but with some clouds hanging around! We actually had to wake the kids up which is a first!!!!!

Anyway Olivia was off on the school bus on time and she was super excited as part of the school curriculum this week they are skiing each and every single day - wow pretty lucky eh!

I headed to our meeting point and met my team for the next few mornings! A jolly husband and wife team and after negotiating the aims for the week we were off. It was jolly breezy up the top of the Olympic and cold when the clouds covered the sun (pretty frequent to be honest!). It felt more like January again - arghhh!

Anyway we did a lap of the green triange, had a quick coffee stop to warm up as well as plenty technical development.... super good stuff achieved! The husband had a dodgy knee so with the soft snow that was about (the amount of snow we actually got yesterday as only about 10cm but enough to soften things up (where the winds had not stripped it away and deposited it in big mounds!)) he tired quickly and the lumps that formed were tough going on his knees! Anyway non the less we had a successful morning.

With the weather coming and going it was hot and sunny one minute and the next totally different!

Anyway I headed home at lunchtime and had a very successful afternoon getting some work done before collecting Ben. Meanwhile after school Olivia was off to her music class so by the time they got home and Olivia had her dinner she was SOOOO very tired. Lets hope they both sleep well eh!

The weather forecast for the next week or so is sun, sun and more sun and temperatures getting progressively warmer and warmer... hmmm we are back into the high pressure system swing of things once again!

Meanwhile a funny photo from today as the Altigliss GEM students ski event continues and one of the events on today was 'Human Curling'.... yeah I know.

Anyway TTFN

Looked alright first thing.
...soon changed!
snow report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy