Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski school recommendations for Val Thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off with the family to Val Thorens at Easter hols, with it being the kids second week of skiing. I was going to book them into Evolution 2, as that’s who we went with in Avoriaz for their first lessons and they loved it.

However, according to their website they look booked up already for Easter so am looking for alternatives. Any recommendations? English speaking, small groups (up to 10) and lots of fun ideally!!
ski holidays     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Handy Turnip, we used prosneige in les menuires for the kids last feb half term, they are in VT as well, they fit your requirements.
snow conditions     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks @terrygasson
snow conditions     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
+1 for Prosneige. Have done fine by my kids.
snow report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I’ve just booked ski cool for Easter in VT. max group size 8 and they’re really well reviewed on trip advisor.
snow report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Prosneige. Really good, used them 3 or 4 times
snow report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cheers all, narrowed it down to prosneige and ski cool. Very impressed by the reviews on trip advisor, @Stinkpickle.
snow report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ski cool is just ESF hiding under another name because they're not, err, cool.
Seriously, I picked up a couple of instructors hitching up the hill after a bit of an off piste adventure and when they said they worked for Ski Cool, I said, "Ah yes that's ESF isn't it?"
And they were quite shocked, "How you know this? It's not normal that people know."

I'll give a +1 for ProSneige while we're here - it might even pay to ask if there's a discount for snowHeads snowHead We've no formal arrangement in that respect but we have worked with them a lot over the years and they're positively disposed toward us.
snow conditions     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I knew that ski cool were owned by ESF before I booked the lessons.

However it seems to be a different product targeting a different market. They cap the group size at 8 and the clients are usually English speaking so the lessons are geared more towards English

The trip advisor reviews for them vs the standard ESF offering speak for themselves. Prosneige have bigger group sizes than Ski cool - up to 10

I debated with myself for ages between Prosneige and ski cool and the offering seemed identical except the group size. 8 v 10 and IMO 10 is just too many for a small child.
snow conditions     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Stinkpickle, this was my thought about Prosneige as well.

Oxygène also operate in that area and have a max group size of 6. They are more expensive than Prosneige, but with smaller groups you can understand why. So another to consider
latest report     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The reviews on trip advisor and group sizes have won me over- going for ski cool, I may live to regret it but will report back obviously!
ski holidays     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I’d have loved to use Oxygène but sadly I’m just too lazy to take the kids there when Ski cool meets literally in front of where we are staying Very Happy but yes, they seem like a great option too.
snow conditions     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Stinkpickle wrote:
I’d have loved to use Oxygène but sadly I’m just too lazy to take the kids there when Ski cool meets literally in front of where we are staying Very Happy but yes, they seem like a great option too.

That is a good decider, convenience of meet locations is definitely worth considering.
snow report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy