Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pyrenees 2018-2019.

Poster: A snowHead
Some snow in the French Pyrenees at last too...

https://www.facebook.com/gotothefrenchpyrenees/photos/pcb.749936735385863/749936398719230/?type=3&theater
snow conditions     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Excellent news.
ski holidays     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looks like more snowfall from Jan 17th
http://www.meteociel.fr/cartes_obs/gens_display.php?ext=1&lat=42.388663967611336&lon=1.4150943396226445
ski holidays     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That's still an awful long way out...
ski holidays     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Glad to see there has a been a bit of a top up, I'm in El Tarter from Sunday for a week with my family so being able to ski back is a big bonus.

@ysb33r, I am very jealous of your office view....
latest report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ysb33r wrote:
We are at Arcalis this morning. It looks fair conditions for the weekend, should anyone wish to make the trip. It will still be cold, but not as severe as today. We are having around -13°C on the top, without the wind chill. If my toes go cold in my boots, then I know it's cold.

Arcalis was beautiful today (Saturday). Some wind in the morning, but that mostly disappeared later in the day. They reckon they had 25cm snow. It wasn't that much noticeable on the groomers, but some side-piste had good deep snow. AAMOF they opened the Feissans drag lift into the smaller of the two freeride areas.

The only problem at Arcalis was that the Basera chair lift had a technical issue and only opened around 13:30. This meant that the only way to reach the La Coma region was via the new Tristiana gondola. This meant that once one was in the La Coma region was to spend time there as much as possible, before heading back. There were some big queues for the gondola at some stage.
ski holidays     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Glorious day yesterday in the Grandvalira. Pretty much the whole resort was open, although several of the upper chairlifts only opened around 10am. The Montmalus draglift in Grau Roig was open, but the drag to top of the Emcampadana in El Tarter was shut (although plenty of people had clearly made the hike across). The only major connection which was shut was across to Canillo.

The on-piste conditions were excellent, in fact they were pretty much perfect. The cold weather since Thursday's snowfall has resulted in plenty of well-groomed powder on offer. Off piste was still was thin, bar the occasionally patch, although lots had been trying to scrabble out some fresh tracks from the meagre coverage. A proper dump is required before the off-piste action can start properly.

The weather was sensational, as you can see from the grabs below, from my GoPro. Being the first weekend after back-to-school, it meant the resort was very empty and we never queued more than a couple of minutes for a lift.

I was pleased to be able to snatch a good day, because unfortunately the week ahead is looking lean, with a warm patch forecasted before cold weather returning next weekend. Snow is forecast on the horizon but I'm not really holding my breath. Ninja edit: the forecast has changed to become much better. Cross fingers!

snow report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cheers for the pics AlunAlun. Myself and a group of 18 are arriving in Pas on the 27th Jan.
Although the pistes look well treated I was gutted to see the forecast change for this weekend on snow-forecast.com
Predicted 30cm to like 7cm. I have everything crossed the snow gods not to be so cruel and we will get a decent deluge before we arrive.
Is anyone there at the moment? What are the locals saying?
ski holidays     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
s.t.h.21 wrote:

Is anyone there at the moment? What are the locals saying?

We are hoping for some good snow, Will see what Friday looks like. Embarassed
latest report     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
What do you say about forecasts? One week and offpiste-season is really on or will it change and waiting continues?

Well, still three weeks to arrival so a lot can happen.
ski holidays     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Welcome to snowHeads snowHead

Snow forecast in the short term for tomorrow, Sunday & Monday. Planning to go Friday & Tuesday to look at the side-piste conditions at Arcalis. If the Cruessans lift opens at Arcalis, then maybe the off-piste season have a chance of kick starting.

If that is good, chances are good too for Pas de la Casa / Grau Roig I reckon.

Longer term predicts snow on 23, 24, 26 Jan. Will have to see how that pans out.
ski holidays     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
All of a sudden it's looking like Snowmaggedon in Granvalira next week... what are the chances?

https://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/El-Tarter-Soldeu/6day/mid
latest report     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Same for most of the pyrenees Smile

https://meteoexploration.com/forecasts/Baqueira-Beret/

4 weeks till I'm out there...
snow report     
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Boom!
ski holidays     
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It does look great, but it's worth remembering the current GFS run (thick black line below) is a bit of an outlier, with the scenario average being (thick red line) around half that predicted. That'd still be a decent snowfall, and Snowmaggedon is of course entirely plausible, but I wouldn't give it too much likelihood while there's so much noise between the scenarios. All scenarios predict some snow Tues/Weds, which is great. GFS also predicting an even bigger dump off in FI, though of course not worth putting too much emphasis on that yet.

Here's the Meteociel squigglies for El Tarter:

ski holidays     
Now that’s what I call a weather forecast !
snow report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy