Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First half term drive down (with kids!)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Me too, just organized green cards, high viz vests etc.

@pam w, I was being flippant but sometimes that doesn't come across on a forum very well, possibly not as well as your trumpet blowing.
snow report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@always29, we will be in La Clusaz for half term as well with two boys 7 & 11 going for their second snowboarding holiday. We went to la Clusaz last year and the drive was fine, very easy resort to get to. The only hairy but was constantly going on and out of tunnels and the side winds on our T5 camper
ski holidays     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We drive from Ireland through Europe via UK twice per year in camper/car. Have been since kids were 5mth old...eldest now 14....night driving every time....I find it relaxing with a bit of jazz and everyone else quietly subdued with red bull and espresso to hand...going to ADH on 15th Feb...good luck on your first trip I can...excited to building I'd say!!!
latest report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bowed to all your wisdom and have got 2 rooms booked in Reims on the way down. On way back we've managed to find a family room in Maçon so booked that.

In for a penny and all that, we've now also booked for the the SFaB so will get rooms for that booked now but much further than Reims as kids off school so can head off early Friday from London.

Only 5 weeks to go Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Gazzza wrote:
I think general rule is the further you can get Friday the better. We're in a similar position to you (similar age kids), leaving from school pick up (in our case 10 mins form m25 jnc10) @ 3.30, also flexiplus. Our overnight is booked for just past Troyes. Hope to be there by midnight (which will be 11pm on our bodyclock time).

@gazza Where do you stay when you get to Troyes? might try that myself in a few weeks time with 2 wee'uns.
snow conditions     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

I think general rule is the further you can get Friday the better

For me, the general rule is aim to arrive in resort after the main rush if you can't get there before. With kids, I'd go for the latter - skiing from the car on the first Saturday isn't a restful way to start the holiday. Same applies when you leave - don't aim to leave at 9 am if you want to avoid traffic! A lot depends on weather, of course. I don't know whether there's any scientific basis for the impression that big snowfalls often happen Friday/Saturday......
snow report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Personally I would breathe a big sigh of relief to be on the other side of the Channel and drive for only about an hour staying at a hotel/inn north of Reims (St Quentin/Arras/Lons) and giving yourselves a breather and time for some supper. In the morning the drive down from there is only about 7 hours or so, so even with a relaxed start you should be in resort by tea time and unstressed to boot!
snow report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy