Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oh god, it's another 'What resort?' thread

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
pam w wrote:
I'm sure there is. In some resorts in France, certainly, a few local families own most businesses. And the cartel which keeps ski hire prices so high in St Anton has long been a factor.

Yep, there's the family cartel thing in both Morzine and Ischgl, the resorts I ski most. It does seem to be a bit different when it's a family rather than a corporation running things though. A corporation will always have a single view of things while a family will always have an uncle who doesn't like the new apartment block his niece got to build next to one of his chalets because her daughter's going out with the mayor's one, so helps fund his cousin's new bar, two doors down from his niece's place. Etc.
snow conditions     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mjit wrote:
Off to Oz en Oisans in Jan. Not likely to hit the village feel but will give me a chance to check out Alpe d'Huez.

As an aside that is an excellent choice of location for the ADH area if you are interested in the skiing rather than any apres. Oz is a nice little station with great access to the area and good home runs. But there is only a couple of restuarants and bars. I've been there ~5 times.
ski holidays     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Les Coches is a great little village with easy lift system access into Paradiski . Great little village square with assosciated restaurants and shops and supermarket , yes there are a few tourist buildings but they are in keeping with a savoyarde feel of the place . definitely got to be a consideration
ski holidays     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy