Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 40,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Places which have plenty to do for a non-skiing girlfriend :)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

they were French only then

Most accommodation providers in the UK are online in English only - do you interpret that as being designed to keep foreigners out?
snow report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@peter_h, If Gatwick is your airport, then friends of ours fly from there to Basel with EasyJet. I take your point about more flights to Geneva but I am confident the travel experience would be better (and likely significantly cheaper) through Basel... the same applies to Zurich other than might not be so much cheaper...Just a thought!
ski holidays     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w wrote:
Quote:

they were French only then

Most accommodation providers in the UK are online in English only - do you interpret that as being designed to keep foreigners out?

Yeah, we had a referendum on it and everything. Keep peddling project fear you remoaner.

Wink NehNeh
latest report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hmmm should have checked Basel... too late now Smile

I co-run a forum (European aviation) and we have disallowed brexit debates on there because they always result in people beating each other up. Specifically at least 99% of mainlanders were beating up the Brits, which was unfair.

Re accommodation booking, I can book a place in e.g. France, in English (not my native language but one I speak ok) on say booking.com. I can't do that on a site which is in French. So booking.com get most of the tourist business... no sh*t sherlock. And if a French property owner advertises only on the French-langauge sites, he will get almost only French people. This is also assisted by google (.co.uk) not presenting websites which are in French, so even if you speak French you won't find these sites, if not on a French IP (unless you know of them).
ski holidays     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Megève and Saint Gervais could both fit the bill - they share a large and cruisy domain; Megève has an excellent sports centre with good pools and endless yoga-type stuff, while Saint Gervais has a recently done-up 19th century spa. They are both biggish places so plenty to do but conversely you'd need to keep an eye on where you're staying.

Les Saisies is smaller but has a good pool / spa and endless very pleasant and reassuring pistes.
ski holidays     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy