Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Binding mount position.... Remounting

 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
OK so I'm changing the bindings on my skis and as I've got a pair or tyrolla attack 13, I thought I would swap out the heavy demo rail bindings on my wife's skis for the lighter attack bindings... During marking up I noticed that the new toe piece holes are a bit close to the old ones.... In order to get clear distance between the holes I would need to move the toe 12-15 mm (centre to centre) from the old ones... That means the binding being 12-15mm forward of the manufacturer recommended setting.

Interestingly though the ski is a volkl Kenja 163 and the recommended mount line is 93cm so almost 12cm rearward already of true centre already .. So thoughts? Will I totally ruin her skiing by moving the binding forward?

She is a compataint red / black (in good conditions) skier who spends 80% on piste and the other 20% just off the sides... No park or rails
snow report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Why are you so keen to reduce the weight of the bindings?

I ski everything with 'heavy demo rail bindings' on and they cause me no issues at all (and make it super quick to swap bindings between skis)
ski holidays     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Assuming you’ve already committed to the change, I don’t think she’ll notice 15mm difference. I used to have some Marker Schizo bindings that you could move 6cm. I could feel (and see on the skis) the difference between fully forwards and back, but a not a cm forward or back IMO.
snow report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Won’t notice. If anything the skis will feel a tad more lively.
snow report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@dp,

Its simply a case of i now have a spare set of bindings which are significantly lower in weight than the current demo rail mounted bindings....suggested if i put them on her skis it would lower the weight of the whole set up by about 1.5kg and she liked that idea so now committed to trying it.
ski holidays     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
enduroaid wrote:
In order to get clear distance between the holes I would need to move the toe 12-15 mm (centre to centre) from the old ones...


I've redrilled overlapping the old holes (with a suitably glued plug) and not had issues so I don't think you need as much gap as you think you do.
latest report     



Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy