Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boxing Day Weekend In Martigny - Which Resorts?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just booked 2 nights (for 3 days skiing) at the Hotel Mercure at Martigny, arriving on Boxing Day.

We've been to Verbier, Chamonix, Portes du Soleil, Saas Fee and Zermatt.We'd happily go back to any of them, but can anyone recommend any of the lesser known or less frequented ski areas in the vicinity??

Cheers!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mountainaddict, not that close to Martigny, but closer than the PdS I guess, you could try Les Contamines.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Evolene, Arolla, Zinal (oops, sorry "Resort Z"), Grimentz, Les Diablarets
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mountainaddict,

Crans Montana.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the suggestions so far - will start checking on piste maps, logistics etc.

Is Switzerland in general as bad as France for school hol crowds??

welshflyer: I think I've heard that Crans Montana can suffer in the sun as a lot of it's south facing - though I've also heard that the skiing's great. What's been your experience?

Arno: Is Evolene a real ski area - or are you recommending:
a. A local Swiss Miss? or;
b. A pharmaceutical hangover cure??

Just that I can't find it on my Switzerland map (free from GVA car hire desk so admittedly not a very good one....). Always keen to try completely unheard of areas - where is it and how much skiing is there?

Cheers.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mountainaddict, it's marked here

arolla is at the top of the same valley

there isn't huge amount of skiing in either but both would be fun for a day and the alpine scenery in Arolla is really stunning, while Evolene is a really chocolate box village even by Swiss standards
latest report
 brian
brian
mountainaddict, all those mentioned by Arno (thanks Arno Evil or Very Mad ) plus Leukerbad (smallish ski area, outdoor thermal springs for apres), Graechen, St Luc/Chandolin, Vercorin, Bettmeralp, Riederalp, etc. etc.

Here's the full set:

http://snow.myswitzerland.com/requests/MySwitzerlandWinterSearchRequest.jsp?lang=fr&regionId=011&ski=true&banner=false
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mountainaddict,

I don't think south facing will be an issue in late December?

I can't remember it was so long ago that I went there to see the World Championships (Zubriggen vs Mueller).
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks again to all snowHead - all helpful as ever. Now spoilt for choice!! (But not a bad dilemma to have wink )

Fair point welshflyer - just trying to cover all angles in my excitement at discovering new ski areas!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy